This just seems so boring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I stumbled upon this site and hope I have found the right one! My story is similar to many! I have a great life and 4 great children. Most do not know I drink. I am a wine drinker. Love it and it is my prozac so to speak. Healthy..no! I have gone up to 6wks without wine but I always slip. I love having a glass while cooking dinner. The problem is I'll have another with dinner and another after dinner. Not so healthy. I do exercise and I eat well most of the time! I really want to eliminate alcohol from my life. It is a crutch and I need someone to kick it away. So do any of you have any suggestions? Is there a specific thread for posting your accomplishment for each day? Thanks~Lane

Comment

Hi lane, Welcome.

There are two threads, one for those moderating and one for those abstaining. Feel free to go onto either one, read what people write and write if you feel. I am trying for moderation but often head to the abs board because they are very inspiring. We are a good group. Glad you found us.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I have to agree with a lot of what Lisa said and some of the others. If you go out with a non or light drinking crowd you will not feel as if it is boring. I also agree with susan it is much less boring when you have a better life.

Comment

boring

Yes. I went six months without a drink and during that time I was extremely bored at social/drinking events. The sad thing is when I opened that bottle of beer, I had an entertainer, so to speak.
          Rick

Comment

Working...
          X