Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday...

'Morning ODATers!

Bright, sunny COOL day here in Florida - loving it. Especially around Christmas. Very hard to get in mood if wearing Shorts!!

Day 10 and still feeling good.

A lot of us talk about anxiety - while I've said several times how much Less anxious I feel since AF, I should say that it's not like I Never feel anxious! The difference is that I can take a deep breath and deal with it (better)... Vs. jumping into a bottle.

I wanted to clarify that for people just starting out. I may have made it sound in other posts that anxiety just goes away. It's Normal to have feelings of all sorts - or we wouldn't be human! It's how we deal with them that matters. And being sober enables us to experience feelings without panicking.

Sorry! I've been very analytical lately.

Hope all have Super Monday! :h
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Monday...

Morning Savon,

Day 9 and also feeling good. 2 feet of snow outside, kids home from school. Don't be sorry for being analytical. I have too and in just this short time so much has surfaced and become clear to me. Yes, I have anxiety too and HUGE sugar cravings. All these cookies don't help but I figure conquer one thing at a time. I think I am going to order that L-Glutamine.

The anxiety HAS reduced though in the past couple days. I try not to think about how I will live without AF but all the good that will now come with out it. I don't know why, but this time I just KNOW I am going to last AF for a while - ODAT. I just have a different feeling, optimism, that I haven't had before. I think in the past I looked to the future wondering how will I get through that wedding or that vacation or that party or even just the weekend without A. I think partly because of MWO. Checking in daily helps so much. I am creating a vision of myself - healthy, creative, having more TIME (eventually losing weight), respect from others and having clarity. I want those things and I am going to take them! They're mine.

Have a great day!!

Sunnyside

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hi all,

Checking in and glad to see you are doing so well Savvy and Sunnyside. The holidays are tough and I have not done so well. I'm sure many of us here will be glad when the holidays are over. And, I'm sure we will have many New Year commitments on MWO. I'm getting my mind geared up and ready for the committment.

We are digging out from 2 feet of snow here too.

Great day to all.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hi
        Just popping in for a bit this afternoon in between holiday chores.
        Great job, Savvy!! Sunnyside:I love your vision for yourself...you can have it!
        Brightlite: I agree, holidays are tough. Especially because the calm routine is so disrupted. I will be glad when they're over in a way.

I hope everyone meets their daily goals. Be strong!
        When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
        -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

I have not done too well either although I have not had any wine in 8 days now, and only 3 beers over the weekend, but I still did not go AF and I am sad about that. My life is one gihugic stress ball and my husband apparently is on day 35 of his man-period, so that is driving me batty. He has reached out to me though, so hopefully that should get better. We were trapped in the house this weekend (he was away) me with the three BORED children, but 3 beers in 3 days is not bad for me. Lots of herbal tea and water with lemon and not once did I fee "buzzed". ODAT I guess.

Back on the wagon....
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

ODATERS!!!

Having to go with the flow today. Things are working out, just not on schedule. I JUST remembered a "do" I need to go to after I thought I was settled in. It's WAAAAAY across town. From 8:30 till 2AM. Oh, did I mention it is a friend's daughters house? Haha... they don't go to bed at 10 like me. :H

Everybody hang tight! You're doing great!

Go for the 0!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hi guys - SAVVY! So proud of you!!!!

We haven't gotten the snow yet here in TO but apparently it's coming - for once we are one of the last ones to get hit!

Hope everyone is ready for the holidays!

Love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hello everyone
                I'm not doing at all well after a very enthusiastic start. I am drinking wine at night and feeling down during the day. I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I have a relationship problem that is holding me back and causing me to feel a huge amount of distress. I want out of everything today. This is early days for me trying to be AF. So far I've done three days max. Not long enough to let the alcohol out of my system. Please help me to find a path to follow.

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hi lissie & welcome! You're here and that counts as good. You're feeling down during the day because alcohol is a depressant. When you get some AF time under your belt you will feel better about yourself and pretty much everything in general as a result. You will then be in a better position to deal with your relationship. First, fix you, right? Stay hydrated by drinking no less than 8 glasses of water a day. Eat well and often. Read RJ's book; you can download it. Do you take supplements? She recommends specific ones. She has a good program all laid out. It is a good path to follow. You can do it! There is lots of support and advice here, but you have to do the work. So, no more wine today, right? Tomorrow is your first whole day AF with us! Welcome aboard!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

savon19, what does ODAT mean?
                    :yougo:stiteal

For my family, for my health, for me...

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

stiteal;799568 wrote: savon19, what does ODAT mean?
                      :welcome: stiteal

ODAT........ One Day At a Time
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

ODAT means "One Day At a Time" - also helpful if needed are one hour at a time, or even one minute at a time. These are do able - get through them and they will become days, weeks, months, years.... I never worry about tomorrow, only today - believe me, it takes a ton of pressure off.
                        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

What does AF stand for?

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Yes what is ODAT and what is AF??? Remember some of us are brand new!! Thanks!:new:

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

:welcome: Beauty,

AF ......... alcohol free

AL .......alcohol

J x

:l
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X