Not Sure If I AM OK To Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mandalay - Just stopped in to say Welcome!

Being AF (Alcohol Free) is SO much easier than trying to figure out how much to drink... At least for me. I don't buy it, so I don't have to make those decisions.

Good luck! And keep posting and reading. This is a wonderful site!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

woh savon youve had a makeover nice!! Mandeley, welcome you sound as tho you have a great plan and having tapered down so well i cant see there would be a problem healthwise, well done i have been modding for a while and plan to stop on new years eve, i am drinking half a bottle a night wine that is, and am high functioning during the day, never touch a drop before 9 pm, good luck, maybe we will meet up in chat soon, love Tawnywitch.
      Twitch

Comment

Hi all

Dancelot, thank you for the info about how to keep signed in - unfortunately as it's a shared computer I have to make sure I leave no trail whatsoever of where I have visited so I don't tick any boxes like that as I'd be sure to forget to log myself out again! (And this time, I remembered to 'copy' before I hit reply, so I didn't lose it all again when it told me - again - that I was logged out! Hey ho!)

Guitarista - thank you for the advice. I have now gone right through the Toolbox section and got some very helpful information and advice from it. I live in a small Victorian town, too far to get to Melbourne except for work, and the doctor here is really hopeless, clearly knows nothing about meds or self help, just insists that I have to do detox as it's too dangerous not to. Really hopeless and says there is no help whatsoever available until I have been into detox at which point I can be referred to counsellors, and they might be prepared to talk about medication with me then. Well, seeing that I have no intention of going into detox, clearly I am on my own! I've been checking out all the supps, I already take quite a few as I know alcohol severely depletes the body but a few are new to me; I've got L Glut, and I'll be trying to get some Kudzu after another thread on this forum gave a pointer to where to obtain it in Oz. And Savon, I really can't wait till Friday now when I can be free of this demon drink and what I realise sounds somewhat obsessive about measuring it out etc. Just that I am terrified of a seizure after what happened to my son. Silly probably!

Tawnywitch, I don't drink before 9pm either, and you have evidently done really well to moderate on just half a bottle - all the very best for New Year's Day and all the days after it - we'll be in this one together, just on different sides of the world!

Thank you again to all, Mandy

Comment

Working...
        X