hi everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everybody

hello everbody, my names Julie and i am sober for 12 weeks now , it would have been 17 weeks but after 5 weeks i had a bottle of sherry, i dont know why perhaps i thought it would be different, it wasnt, i was right back again where i left off,
    i ve been a hard drinker for over 20 years and i just couldnt take it anymore, i could barely walk from alcoholic neuropathy, i could only wear a pair of old fashioned shoes, as anything else was excruciating to walk in, i had a fatty liver also, i actually consider myself lucky to only have had a fatty liver after all the wine and sherry i have poured down my neck ,i really should be dead, still, its all in the past i really dont want to go back to the dark days, i feel so much better than i have ever felt,
    i look foreward to 'meeting' you all, reading the forums and just staying sober

hi everybody

hi & welcome julietthemuse
    you have just taken a big step in helping yourself in fighting this disease,read as many threads/posts as you can,as they will help you get a footing and soon you will find which one suits you,even though you can post and give advice or support anywhere,hope to see you around and well done on 3 months sober.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

hi everybody

Brilliant - well done Julie! You've done fantastically well and it'll just keep on getting better and better and also on a personal note ---> Woohoo a fellow UK-er, I might just be on the boards at the same time as you!
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

hi everybody

:welcome: Julie,

Great Job on 12 weeks.
        I'm in the UK too:yay:
        You've found a fabulous place with no judgement and masses of support.
        Hope we 'see' more of you around the boards.

J x

:l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi everybody

Hi Julie,
          12 weeks sober is very good going.
          I can feel your pain with liver and nerve problems.
          Keep the dark days in the past.
          Z x

Comment

hi everybody

Hello Julie, a big welcome to you and Zorba. Well done on finding your way here guys, this place is truly a life saver and you wont lack for support and advice.
            Keep safe
            KTAB
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

hi everybody

Kudos J on coming to MYO. We can beat this demon if we join efforts and support.

com
              Com1

Comment

hi everybody

Hi Julie & Welcome!

Congrats on your 12 AF weeks - that's terrific!
                Hope you are feeling somewhat better at this point.

Please feel free to drop in any of the threads, introduce yourself & join in the conversations. It's wonderful to be able to log on any time of the day & see how everyone is doing
                I'm sure you have some good advice to share with the newbies!

Wishing you continued success!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hi everybody

Very proud of you. Keep it up. As we say here, "We are all in this together!" Peace.

Comment

hi everybody

hi julie, i am in the uk too, well done ,i wish i could get started, i have had a few af weeks in the past but cant seem to get started again, i have cut back tho to some extent and do feel it will happen quite soon, sometimes i pour a glass of wine and think, actually this is quite boring i don t really need this, then i think oh well ive poured it id better drink it, makes no sense, but there you go thats where i am at at the moment, look forward to chatting with you soon, love and hugs Tawnywitch.
                    Twitch

Comment

Working...
                    X