A new decade a new life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new decade a new life

Hello, I'm Sky. I have completely stuffed up my life with drink. My whole adult life. So, now, after losing everything I have been given another chance. My last one, I know. It's going to be tough, but I cannot stuff this up. I need help because apart from you here, I am alone. It's too darned easy to just up and buy more wine to ease the loneliness.

And you know what the stupid thing is? I actually go out and buy wine so I can think clearly as to how to get myself out of this dilemma. How dumb is that?

Anyway, as I said, a new decade. It has to be a new life for me because I have another chance, thankfully, to make it right.
    Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

A new decade a new life

Hello Sky and welcome! You do not sound silly ~ many of us have been just where you are. Stick around, it will get better and you'll get tons of support. No need to be alone anymore.

:goodjob: posting!

Comment

A new decade a new life

Hey Sky...welcome! I'm totally with you. The past twenty years of my life have been consumed by alcohol. I like your way of thinking...new decade ...new life...I'm with you! Best wishes!

Comment

A new decade a new life

How are you feeling today Schaefer?

Comment

A new decade a new life

Lodestar, thanks for your support.

Comment

A new decade a new life

Sky;784310 wrote: Hello, I'm Sky. I have completely stuffed up my life with drink. My whole adult life. So, now, after losing everything I have been given another chance. My last one, I know. It's going to be tough, but I cannot stuff this up. I need help because apart from you here, I am alone. It's too darned easy to just up and buy more wine to ease the loneliness.

And you know what the stupid thing is? I actually go out and buy wine so I can think clearly as to how to get myself out of this dilemma. How dumb is that?

Anyway, as I said, a new decade. It has to be a new life for me because I have another chance, thankfully, to make it right.
            It's OK. We all talk shite on here. And if you keep coming round enough, we eventually get it....at least that's my hope.
            "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

A new decade a new life

hi and welcome sky,you have joined a great community here,with lots of support and advice,keep reading and posting,you are certainly not alone in this fight.goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

A new decade a new life

:welcome: and as I must remember for myself and others.

One of the great things about this site is that there is nothing you have done or said or thought that others here have not experienced as well. Keep posting and you will see this for yourself.

And we all must remember that today really is the first day of the rest of our lives.

com
                Com1

Comment

A new decade a new life

Sky, welcome - you found a good safe place. Listen, Read, Write, Talk - find your way out. So much support here with no Judgement.

TWO

Comment

Working...
                  X