Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO MATTER WHAT rule starts tomorrow - who is in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok the plan is, wine on Monday but NO MATTER WHAT never on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, we can then enjoy wine again on friday/sat/sun/mon. I intend to do this for 3 months then cut out another day i.e Monday and then gradually reduce volume on the nights i do consume! The only exception to the rule is when on holiday! Can anyone join me and log in daily to check progress?? Please do??
    Keeps x:happyheart:

This seems like something I could commit to. OK , I'll do it with you. I MUST do this!

Comment

yay! thats two of us so far, but promise you will check in daily!!! WE can do it

Comment

34 have read but no other takers yet?????? please join us to reduce your drinking unless of course you are already AF in which case well done!!!! also if you cant tell me why I would really like to understand?

Comment

Count me in!! - although I am hoping to go Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs AF - then see how the next 3 days go!! Have been a member for a couple of years, but really don't interact v much, want to change that this year - again!! Haven't much time to post right now, and during the working day, will normally be online on an evening - please read my previous posts if you can and see if you see any pearls of recognition?? I am a wife, mother of 15 and 22 yr old, I work full time and have all the trappings you could wish for - I need to change the direction my life is going...............I'm In, I'm In!!! speak soon and the best of british luck!! xx:thanks:
          :new:

Comment

Can I opt out for Monday? I feel I need at least 5 days AF to stay AF, and usually there is an event during the week, a professional one where I have some but not too much because it is important. I want to be part of it but also not make an idiot of myself on nights 'off'. This week was pretty good! I support your idea.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Just my two cents - but I think this sounds like SLOWLY pulling a band-aid off!!

OUCH.
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

as long as we pull it off in the end then thats progress! welcome aboard C and T it matters not which nights you have off as long as NO MATTER WHAT you do not drink on the days you have committed not too, that ok??

Comment

Hello LTC/C123/and T, good luck tonight with your AFN, LTC enjoy a little tonight like me ready for 3 AFN's together. Let me know how you are doing???? Remember NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Comment

keepwalking;784782 wrote: 34 have read but no other takers yet?????? please join us to reduce your drinking unless of course you are already AF in which case well done!!!! also if you cant tell me why I would really like to understand?
                    This wouldn't work for me...I'm a binger. Bingers already do exactly what you are describing.

Comment

Yeah, that's funny, Mau. I used to just drink. Then I stopped drinking and I became a binger. Now I haven't had a binge in more than a month! Before that I had only gone 2 weeks before a binge. Many AF days! Nothing during the day! So I'm still better off. My eyes are white and my tongue is pink.
                      So maybe even though I have these tendencies I can behave like a normal person? We'll see.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Well said Tulipe, i cannot remember the last time i was actually drunk or had a hangover, all i know is i want to have more AF days with the SUPPORT from good folk on this site. Have had two glasses of wine tonight and NO MATTER WHAT i will not have another until Friday, now that WILL be progress!

Comment

Hey No matter whaters? how you all doing? are you checking in? T and C did you manage monday ok? LTC how are you tonight on day 1?

Comment

Hi Keepwalking,

Kudos to you for having a plan...I think I am going to do a 30 for now, (this is day 2) and after that only occasional, if that. I've tried the gradual thing and I tend to not keep track and get out of control again.
                            Good luck

Comment

As a binger I too will just find trouble and overconsume. I gotta quit completely to survive.
                              Just dAY 2 so far

Comment

Working...
                              X