Forum Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Etiquette

For those of you who are new to using internet forums, or if you could use a refresher, we would like to provide a link to an informative and readable article about internet forum etiquette. When you are only using the written word to express yourself, things don't always come across the way you intend them to. This quide will help you understand and express yourself better on MWO.

Proper Internet Forum and Message Board Etiquette - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

If you cannot link directly from this post, please cut and paste the address into your browser.

Forum Etiquette

jumping in

Hi,
    I'm new to the group and new to the forum process. I've avoided social networks in the past and therefore not learned how.
    I may be more open in the future - can't promise.
    :thanks::new:

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Hi Lady....check out the newbies nest...that's whereall us new babies are...
      Welcome and we are here for you
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Forum Etiquette

:welcome: I felt the same way, Lady + BKlyn but I just did'nt pressure myself. I read alot of post and when I felt like jumping in, I did. Hope you stick around but regardless I wish you all the best on your journey ! runningwind:beach:
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Hi,
          I am new here and to this whole forums thing, well not sure what to say now , this is my first day sober.
          :new:

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Hi Bink
            I don't know if this link is going to work

Newbies nest

But this is the Newbies Nest which is a great group of people. Just jump right into the nest & start reading & posting. You will be welcomed right away. I'll try to figure out how to post that link.:welcome:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Hiya newbies,

Another good thread to start you on your way is here: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ere-41172.html

And remember - we were all newbies once.

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Thanks Tawny - That is an excellent Thread!

Anyway - just look around Bink and read & post and read & post. You will soon learn your way around. Everyone here will be happy to help you. Congratulations on your first day sober. :goodjob::goodjob:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Forum Etiquette

hay everyone, i am new on here but feel so inspired already.....i am just so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.....

Comment

Forum Etiquette

hi everyone 2nd day af am so pleased can not remember the last time i woke on a Sunday without my hangover i don't miss it at all! been reading on here for a few weeks now and i am truly inspired, i still get lost but i am managing to find my way around slowly... i have tried to work out the drink tracker and without wanting to sound too dumb can not get it right...it there something so easy that i am probably missing,

i am so glad i found all you wonderful people to share my journey with.....

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Hi bungle. Congrats on waking up sober! Isn't that a great feeling? This IS a great place to share the journey. You might want to start a thread and title it "Need Help with Drink Tracker" and then post exactly what trouble is occuring. I haven't used it in a long time so am rusty, but lots of people who use it all the time should be along to help.

Happy Sober Sunday!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Welcome Bungle!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Doggygirl;859190 wrote: Hi bungle. Congrats on waking up sober! Isn't that a great feeling? This IS a great place to share the journey. You might want to start a thread and title it "Need Help with Drink Tracker" and then post exactly what trouble is occuring. I haven't used it in a long time so am rusty, but lots of people who use it all the time should be along to help.

Happy Sober Sunday!

DG
                          Thank you .

Comment

Forum Etiquette

:upset:so disappointed and angry with myself again...feel so ill why can i not stop ? why am i not strong enough?

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Hi Bungle and :welcome: to My Way Out. Unfortunately, this really isn't about strength as much as it is about addiction. Just wanting to not drink was not enough for me to get sober. I had to have a very solid plan to get me through every minute of every day. Have you read the My Way Out Book? That's where I started. I do understand how you feel. I went for many years waking up most mornings saying "I won't drink today" and then I drank. And the cycle went on and on. I have now been sober for 2 years and I know that if I can do it, then you can do it too.

Here is my own sobriety plan as it has evolved over the last couple of years. There are other people's plans in this thread too. Maybe it will give you ideas. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

Also, the Toolbox thread is great. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes to you.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X