Been Here Before in '06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been Here Before in '06

Hi all! Been a rough few years. When I stopped drinking wine, my husband started an 18 month long affair. Needless to say, in November of '07, when I figured it out. Wine was my option. Not all has been lost, I went back to school after being a stay-at home mom for 8 years. I just received my license as a Certified Massage Therapist. I had NO idea how intense this training would be. Human Anatomy, kicked my butt (glutes), but I got it! Not bad for an old person. So, after having him leave for 9 months, he came back in Aug. of 08. I told him I was going to go to school, and he was not very supportive. I worked a 32 hr a week part time job to pay for child-care while going to school full time. Still not quite sure how I did it? Anyway, I have still been drinking too much wine lately. Self-medicating, I am sure. So, Here I am AGAIN. Time to lick my wounds and get on with my life.

Been Here Before in '06

Hiya Kizzie and welcome back to you!
    Wow, you sure are an inspiration with all that studying and upheaval in your life.
    Good to see you here.
    Let us know how we can help you.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Been Here Before in '06

Thank you! God knows I need help. In spite of it all, I have learned a lot. Now, it's time to put everything into perspective ---- That's the HARD part.

Comment

Been Here Before in '06

Oh yep, it sure is hard, but sooooo very worth it.
        Whats you plan? You got one yet?

Comment

Been Here Before in '06

this might help you get a plan together

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

Been Here Before in '06

And this might act as a deterrant if times get tough.
            Its pretty graphic though

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ary-37717.html

Comment

Been Here Before in '06

Thank you! These thoughts go through my head on a daily basis. I am just so angry with myself! I spend too much time thinking about what could have been, rather than thinking what it could be. I have never traveled outside of the US (Mexico does not count) , and yes I could. I wonder how much money I have literally "pissed" down the toilet? I want to see New Zealand, Holland, Bermuda...I have always wanted to see the Florida Keys and swim with the dolphins..the last one is huge. I have kept an article since I was 15 about the dolphins. What happened to me? It is time to quit pissing it away. I don't mean for the language to offend anyone. I am just mad at myself.

Comment

Been Here Before in '06

Kizzie, welcome back! Wine is my problem as well, but I have made a lot of progress since joining MWO and you will too, since you've come back. Don't be so hard on yourself for your past drinking. It will not help. Just move forward. You can reach your goals. You sound like a very determined person!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                X