Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winding down day 3

Hi folks,

Day 3 coming to a close. Day 1 about 1 hour of sleep, day 2 about the same, if I can get four hours tonight I will be thrilled. Laying awake all night with only your thoughts, especially about alcohol and what it has done to your life is the worst. Whenever I think I'll have "just one" my first thought is going to be those horrible first nights.

The worst alcohol free evening is still far better than one full of a sea of heineken.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

winding down day 3

allswell;786569 wrote: Hi folks,

Day 3 coming to a close. Day 1 about 1 hour of sleep, day 2 about the same, if I can get four hours tonight I will be thrilled. Laying awake all night with only your thoughts, especially about alcohol and what it has done to your life is the worst. Whenever I think I'll have "just one" my first thought is going to be those horrible first nights.

The worst alcohol free evening is still far better than one full of a sea of heineken.
    I'm sorry you are struggling. You have to get through to the other side of this. I trust when people here say you do. My spirits are also low this evening as I reflect on how much damage alcohol has caused in my life the last 5 years, and also mourn that I know deep in my soul I can never drink again...I hope you get some sleep. Stay strong.

Comment

winding down day 3

allswell - Keep it going - it does get easier. The first 4 days are the hardest for many people. And do keep that thought of what it's like at first as a deterrent, even while embracing the many positives of being AF. Good luck on your journey and much love!
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

winding down day 3

MauMcL -

We do go through a grieving process giving up alcohol. For a lot of us it's been in our lives for many years. This surprised me more than anything when I quit. I felt like I had broken up with a long term boyfriend. On the positive side, I think it was a good thing I felt this way - it meant I was serious, that this longterm relationship with AL was really over.

Acknowledge the past, take responsibility for it, and move on. Accept and forgive yourself. We cannot change the past, but we can the future.
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

winding down day 3

Hi AW!

Dancealot said it well - it gets better with each day, then each day becomes a gift...

You've got the right attitude:
          "The worst alcohol free evening is still far better than one full of a sea of heineken."

I can truly relate. The sleep will come -- stay strong!

Take care.
          tw
          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

winding down day 3

dancelot;786576 wrote: MauMcL -

We do go through a grieving process giving up alcohol. For a lot of us it's been in our lives for many years. This surprised me more than anything when I quit. I felt like I had broken up with a long term boyfriend. On the positive side, I think it was a good thing I felt this way - it meant I was serious, that this longterm relationship with AL was really over.

Acknowledge the past, take responsibility for it, and move on. Accept and forgive yourself. We cannot change the past, but we can the future.
            I needed to hear exactly this tonight. My eyes are filling up with tears now, tears that really need to be expressed. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X