Enough is enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough is enough.

Last night i drank two and a half bottles of wine, and i am sitting here now at 10;30 on a Saturday morning hungover and once again disgusted with myself. By the time i feel okay most of the day will have gone so thats another day lost. I have come to a big decision and i am giong to see my doctor on Monday morning . Hopefully she will be able to help me, and I will go along with whatever she suggests.As soon as i have posted this on the forum I am going to pour the half bottle of wine I have left down the sink.

Thanks to you all for your warm welcome,and i thank you all in advance for the support I know will be out there for me.

Irish xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Enough is enough.

hi irish so glad you made the decision to get some help i think we can all identify where you are at at the moment.know only to well the hangovers that take all day to get over and the feelings of pure disgust .i think you are doing the right thing in seeing your doc and try whatever she suggests and if one thing does not quite work for you go back and try something else that is exactly what i am doing at present ,try and be patient ,do not put to much preasure on yourself and keep posting as i find it a good focus so good luck,maryt

Comment

Enough is enough.

Hi Irish, you are doing the right thing I know exatly what you are going through feeling like sh*t and guilty the next day. Seeing your doctor is the best thing you can do even if he or she won't give you a percription for the topa you can work on the vitamins. I can't take the topa because of medical reasons but I am taking all the vitamins and working with my doctor on them and it has help greatly with my moderation. I don't drink a whole bottle of wine or 12 pack in one night. just a glass or two or a couple beers a night and not everynight! You just kept working at it and kept in touch here for surport and you will be OK you'll have your ups and downs but just remember that tomarwo is another day.
      Take care and HUGS :l
      Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Enough is enough.

Thanks Maryt and Patti for your replies. I know i m doing the right thing. All i can say for now though is ROLL ON MONDAY MORNING.

Irish xx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Enough is enough.

Irish, my prayers are with you!! I had not one drink yesterday and have had 6 so far today!!! It's better when I have the responsiblity to go to work!! Good luck and I am putting your name on my prayer list...I am ordering Campral online in about two weeks...money is non existent in my household, but MUST for my kids sake and have managed to get hold of the cds and supps....I know we can do this, but together is better..

Jerri

Comment

Enough is enough.

Hi Irish,
            let us know how you go with your GP. Just posted something about my GP (even though she is great) not giving me a prescription.
            I am drinking about two bottles of wine a night and desperate to stop. My husband still keeps saying, all I have to do is not buy wine and I'll be okay. He has no idea, that that would justmake me miserable and no way make me stop drinking the way I do.
            Good Luck with monday! And as I said: let us know you you get on!
            :h

Comment

Working...
            X