Questions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions???

I just finished MWO and am really excited to get started. My main concern is the Topomax and side effects. I already have very thin hair, and am allergic to most medicine and over the counter medicine. Has anyone has success without using Topomax?

Questions???

Welcome lasvegasgal!

Good to have you aboard. Yes, loads of people have had success without Topomax, me included.
    How about starting without it and see how you get on?
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Questions???

Hi lasvegasgal,

Welcome to MWO!
      I didn't use any medications or even the recommended supplements (I have my own).
      I did just fine
      Just be sure to make a good plan for yourself, prepare & just do it!!

Please feel free to drop in the 'Newbies Nest' thread - let us know how you're doing.
      Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Questions???

Hi lasvegasgal, :welcome:

I have heard from others that topa is helpful. I haven't used it, myself. I tried Campral early on and I'm not sure that it helped a great deal. But they are totally different drugs. Are you thinking of talking to your doctor about this?

Anyway, I wish you well. You have found a wonderful place to share your journey. You will find loads of support here.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Questions???

Hi Lasvegasgal,

I did not use any topa or any other recommended drug. I did use the supplements with great results. Of course the most important thing is and individual's deep desire to quit drinking.

Good luck with the program!
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Questions???

Hi. And Welcome.

Same here. I only used the supplements and hypnotic cds. Worked great for me!

Take care.
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Questions???

:welcome:Hi LVG,
              A big welcome
              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Working...
              X