Setting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up

Hi. Day four for me and still trying to work out how to use this site. Does anyone have any idea why I wouldnt be able to chat? I think it is a computer thing as I have been able to chat on another computer. I have checked the filter I use and should be able to.....
    I have so many things I want to ask that being able to chat would make that easier.
    Any suggestions would be very helpful as I am not a computer person.
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Setting up

:welcome:Hippy. Congrats on Day 4. Can't offer you any advice about chat. I have always been able to get in whenever I tried to. Haven't ever chatted somewhere else except MWO so don't know what to say. I'm not a great comp person either. Would it help to ask your questions here or PM me if you want.
    Again, welcome,
    Stirly
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Setting up

Hi Stirly. Thanks. Today has been hard. I am still waiting on my order of supps and topa so any suggestions for how to deal with the cravings would be helpful. My daughter took me for a walk a while ago which was good to take my mind off things. Does it get easier?
      I finally got it!
      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Setting up

Hi Hippy and congrats on your progress so far! The early days are the hardest. The good news is that if you stick to your guns, you won't have to go through these Day 1/2/3 difficulties again!

I'm not a computer techie either. I could never get into chat. One suggestion that worked for me - you might want to try a different browser. I still can't get in on Internet Explorer for some reason, but if I use Google Chrome, then access this site, then I can go to chat.

Nothing will magically take the urges completely away - at least nothing did for me. The supplements (I did not take Topa) DID help I think. While you wait for your MWO package, you might stop by a health food store and buy some L-Glutamine in powder form. Putting the powder directly under my tongue gives me fast results. Helps take the edge off for me.

I also wrote LONG lists of things to do in the early days of not drinking. Fun things and chore things both. When a crazy craving would strike, I didn't have to *think* to find something else to do as a diversion. I had my list and could quickly pick something.

Hang in there! You will be so glad you did.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Setting up

Hi DoggyGirl. Thanks for all your suggestions. I have written them down. I hadnt thought of using a different browser. It seems though the more I search around that posting might be the way to go instead of chatting. I suppose like staying sober.. it is all trial and error.
          Take care
          I finally got it!

Comment

Setting up

hi & welcome hippychick,well done on your progress so far,read as many as the threads as you can,and keep posting and getting more involved in this great community.there is help here for everyone.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Setting up

Hi hippychick! Welcome! You might find answers to questions in threads and by posting the questions. I'm no techie either, but I know you have to have java to chat. I would think you would be promted to download it (free).
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Setting up

Hi Hippy Chick,
                I am most definitely not a techie! I am unable to get into chat using the pop up window, but I am able to get in using the web page browser option. I have no idea why this is as I have Java installed.

Good Luck!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Setting up

Not sure what Kate means... but I get on fine. Chat does use java, so you have to have that installed and make sure you have current version. (I noticed mine is Version 6.)

Check here: java.com: Java + You

I'll PM you, too - this may get lost...
                  Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Setting up

Hi guys. Thanks for all your help. I think I might give the chat a miss and concentrate on posting. I am already getting so much support and help here -I just love it! It is hard to find someone who knows exactly what I am going thru and where I have been. Although my partner lives along side of me and sees me (good or bad) he still doesnt really understand what it feels like not remember why we argued the night before or whether I kissed my kids goodnight or bought in the cats or what I actually said on the phone to my friends or how I got to bed. He doesnt understand the shame I feel when I finally sober up at three in the morning, how bad that shame feels of knowing that I did it again even after I told myself I would just have "one". How disappointing it is to know my kids heard me slurrring and talking rubbish and knowing that I drove them home from training...
                    So as you can see I am in the right place to be. It has only been five days (yay) but it FEELS SO FANTASTIC to know I dont ever have to feel like that again.
                    Take care.
                    HC
                    I finally got it!

Comment

Setting up

:l That's beautiful!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Setting up

:welcome: Hippy Chick,

Just wanted to add my hello and say great going on 5 days.
                        You'll find masses of support here. Ask any questions. If someone doesn't know there'll be someone who does.

But please don't ask me anything about computers

J x

:l
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Setting up

Hippy Chick, that's fantastic! The worst is over, no turning back now...hey, that's a good mantra - no turning back now...
                          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Setting up

Hi Hippy

Hippy Chick;788783 wrote: Hi. Day four for me and still trying to work out how to use this site. Does anyone have any idea why I wouldnt be able to chat? I think it is a computer thing as I have been able to chat on another computer. I have checked the filter I use and should be able to.....
                            I have so many things I want to ask that being able to chat would make that easier.
                            Any suggestions would be very helpful as I am not a computer person.
                            I can't help you with computer problems, but would like to talk sometime. Sober 2 days and feel sick. email: alexmackinnon@rogers.com I am a slow typer, so maybe we can email or exchange #

Comment

Setting up

Hi Sandy, don't hesitate to go to your doctor if you feel too bad. In the meantime, drink lots of liquids, especially water with lemon juice or ginger teas - both are powerful in helping to help the liver cleanse the body. All the best.
                              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X