Day Two - Take Two - It's a little harder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This my third time around getting sober and I really want it to be my last. The first two times, I stopped for about two weeks each, then had a major crisis - my mother died suddenly and I was laid off the second. This time I prepared in advance and just started with the antabuse so I don't have any way whatsoever to drink.

One thing I have noticed this time around is that it's just a bit harder. I am not having major withdrawals or anything, but I am a bit crankier, a bit more depressed, and having a much harder time sleeping. I heard that it can happen like that. If you start and stop each time it gets a bit harder. I have to tell you, that is huge motivation for me, because I want to feel perky again like I did the last time!

Thanks for the encouragement here, everyone. This is a great place to find support and note your thoughts.

Hang in there MaxRay. Stay determined that this IS the LAST Day 2....

If this were easy, we wouldn't need MWO / AA / Antabuse, etc. etc. etc. It WILL get easier though. Not wanting to go through this early part again was strong motivation for me. I hope the second time around was it for me.

Strength to you!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I right there with you! I have started and started so many times, that I'm determined this is it for me too! I feel sooooo much better when I don't drink, I can get so much done, and I feel soooo perky too! I can work-out at the gym, which is a natural mood booster, and feel so much better about myself, and after about 2 dys not drinking, I even look better. Why we abuse ourselves is beyond me! I started Campral today, today is day 1 again, and I'm feeling blue too....it may just be cuz I disappointed myself after stringing together a few days, then having some stressors, and having that "screw it" moment! Tomorrow I'm going to a great guy that is a counselor esp. for folks that have alcohol issues, I need all the tools in my arsenal as I can get. I am looking forward to feeling better tomorrow also! I take melatonin for sleep, and I take an over the counter sleep aid the first week or so, just to make sure I get some sleep, then I feel better and stronger. I take lots of supp's too tho. Know you aren't alone, lets do this together!
      "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Working...
      X