X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time here.

:new:
    Hi Everyone
    This is my first time here and looking forward to hearing from people that are in the same situation as myself. When I read MWO I was so relieved that I wasn't the only person out there that wanted to cut down on my drinking without giving it up entirely.

I am currently waiting for my CD's to arrive before I start and have a few concerns.
    When I saw my doctor last week she wouldn't prescribe the topomax as I asked for stating that campral was better. ????? As I understand campral is not for moderation but abstaining. Not sure if I should go ahead and try the campral or go back to see my doc. I should also mention that my doctor didn't seem too supportive of my decision to use meds at all.

Feeling a little confused.

First time here.

Hi Chase- Welcome! If you need cd's and med's to cut down it really sounds like you should just quit?- I know we're not the same - but every time I tried to moderate it didn't stick and I would drink more. I wish you all the best.
    Luv, Fluff
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

First time here.

Welcome Chace ! Good choice....lots of knowledge here and good support .......IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

First time here.

Thnx Fluff.
        Before I read MWO I thought that quitting was my only choice and that scared me off for too long. Knowing now that I may have a choice is very refreshing. I do enjoy having a glass of wine with dinner ...... rarely does it stop with just one but now I would like that control back. If I can't get that control back then I will quit entirely.

Comment

First time here.

hi & welcome chase,you have joined a great community with lots of help ,support,and non judgemental advice,read as many posts and threads as you can and you will see that you are not alone,as far as i know most people abstain for 30 days and then review there situation,there are threads here to help you do this,personally i could not do it so goodluck anyway hope you stick around.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

First time here.

For me moderation was a no go. I tried it for years. It wasnt untill I quit completly that I realized that it was the easiest route. It takes the will I wont I? How many, how often questions off the table. Why not quit for 90 days and see how your life has changed.

Comment

First time here.

Chase - MWO has been a huge help to me. Joined back in November and went 8 days AF. Holidays did me in - probably should have waited to start after the new year - but anyway here I am. Today is Day 7 and my resolution is strong. Like the others said, read as many posts as you can - just amazing to see all the regular, everday people here who are fighting this battle. As far as your doctor goes, maybe you should get a second opinion? I would want my doctor to be supportive of me no matter what choice I make (as long as it's healthy and positive).

Hey IAD - GO RAVENS! (I'm a huge fan and looking forward to Saturday night!)
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

First time here.

I'm so happy that I signed up to be a member here...the support is amazing. It's always easier taking advice from ppl that have been down the same road as me. I will definately peruse more threads and learn as much as I can about my journey.
                Does anyone happen to know how long it usually takes to ship the CD's? ... I'm anxious to start

Comment

First time here.

Hello Chase,

I think of moderating drinking much the same as I used to think of moderating my smoking and that is why it took so long for me to finally quit for good. I was a chain smoker and moderation was simply not possible. It was all or nothing and the same holds for me with alcohol. Re-evaluating after an alcohol free period of at least 30 days is vital. For me, moderation simply is not possible. I think alot of people are like that.

Good Luck
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                  X