Day Three - Good Things Happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is my third day and already I can see positive changes in my life. My mood is getting better, I am more focused. I am even making new friends.

I do have to say one thing, though, taking antabuse is really helping me. I have wanted to drink despite the positives I see around me. I have seen these positives before and would drink to celebrate them! I would go to AA meetings, love them and pick up wine on the way home. So...I don't want to take super credit for being this strong person. I do take credit for wanting this, though. :-)

I don't think there is one right way to really do anything including going AF. However, we can all learn from each other and that is sure what I am getting out of this board! So glad I found such a positive, supportive and open-minded place!

Hey Max. Good job on your Day #3.

Comment

Max-you crack me up-picking up wine after loving the AA meeting- I'm sorry I am just smiling
      I take it all seriously-it must be the way you word everything-I just get a chuckle at your posts, well, the day one -take two and this one ,sorry- Day 3 is great!-in fact that's the day that it seems to get easier after, for some reason!
      Luv, Fluff
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Thanks, Fluff! I mean them to be humorous, because honestly they are! I am doing my very best to approach my sobriety in a positive, happy way. That is my approach for everything this year. I am glad to make you smile and you just returned the favor!

XO

Comment

Nice one Max!
          You have a lovely way of looking at things, your post made me smile too. Thank you!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

How are you doing today-Max? Hope all is well in your world and this is your day 4!
            Luv, fluff
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I agree. Humor goes a long way towards healing no matter what the problem is. I love your honesty. There's no way to get sober w/o "owning your stuff" 100% even if it includes the urge to have a drink after an AA meeting. Interestingly enough, I had a client who said this same thing -- . That meetings do that to her as well. We are all different and how we can "get there" is too. We just have to find what works for us. That's where the Tools come in.

Peace today. I hope you have a AF Day #4.

Comment

Working...
              X