• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one?

:new:

Day one?

:welcome: Little Owl,

You're in a safe place now. We've all been in your shoes at one time or another.

Tell us a bit about yourself and let us get to know you.

Read and read, ask any questions.

J x

:l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day one?

If you have to start sometime why not now?
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Day one?

hi & welcome littleowl, you have taken a great first step in coming here, read as many posts & threads as you can,join in and post your thoughts and you will see you are not alone,as jackie has said read and read and ask any qustion you like.;-) welcome again

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day one?

This is so difficult. Not just the giving up alcohol, I thought being on here and nobody knowing who I am would be easy but its not.

Comment

Day one?

(((Little Owl)))

Hon the best advice I can give you is keep busy. And you are anonymous here. We are all in the same boat and we welcome you, no need to feel uncomfortable, there is NOTHING you have gone thru that someone hasn't.:welcome:

Comment

Day one?

Its remembering things I've done and finally being honest with myself thats so difficult.

Comment

Day one?

Hey Little Owl- tell us about yourself- you're still anonymous-but it's a great way to get people to know you and help out- it's great you came here and if you are not comfortable with posting-then just read what others have written-that helps a lot! No pressures.
                Luv, Fluff
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Day one?

Welcome, Little Owl!

Stick around - getting comfortable here gets easier. And really, no one can see you, you are anonymous.

It's a little frightening admitting what we are, even to ourselves. But it is the first step in a positive new life. Everyone on this site has a similar story - we've all been there. We understand the feelings, and what you are going through. We also understand how difficult it is, especially at first.

Take it a step at a time - keep reading, keep posting. You can do it. I'm over 5 months AF now, something that felt impossible when I came here.

Best of luck and much love! :h
                  ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Day one?

Little Owl,

I know it might not be easy, please do not dwell too much on the past. The only thing that can be changed right now is today and the tomorrows to follow. We have all been where you are right now.

Relax
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Day one?

:welcome:Hi Little Owl!

You will get nothing but hugs and support here. It is a wonderful place to be when you are in the place you are in now. Best part about it - no one judges you. Just take it one day at a time - I'm not gonna lie - it's hard - but I find myself coming back here over and over again - sometimes several times a day. You will probably find it surprising to see how many are just like you - we help each other here and we are so glad that you found us.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Day one?

Hi again Little Owl,

I can feel such much sadness in you. No one here is better or worse than you. No one is here to judge you.
                        Like Jolie said it's not easy, but we're all in the same boat. Trying to get through each day.

You made a huge step today by making your first post. Let us try to help.

J x

:l
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day one?

Little Owl;791496 wrote: Its remembering things I've done and finally being honest with myself thats so difficult.
                          :welcome: Little Owl. Boy I can sure relate to what you are saying. Over the years, alcohol took me to a place where it seems life was just one big game of hiding and lying to drink, and lying and hiding some more. The good news is that you DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE LIKE THAT ANY MORE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.

Getting honest - brutally honest with myself about where I had gone and what I had become was the first step in the change to something far better in my sober life. Others before me did it, which gave me hope that I could do it too. And if I can do it, I know that you can do it.

Decide not to drink any more, just for today. Then the healing can begin.

Strength and hope,

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day one?

Just want to say thank you everyone x

Comment

Day one?

Hi little owl
                              This place truly is a lifeline to people like me, and everyone else who visits and posts and lurks around here. We all started out like you, timid and scared and not really knowing if we should be here, I lurked for months reading and reading and identifying with all and everything that people said, possibly my only difference was that I realised I was probably drinking MORE than the majority of the people posting and that certainly opened my eyes. Don't be scared at the moment you probably will never have better support and friends than you will find here if you look for it Good luck little owl
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X