Day Four - The Weekend Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here I am on day four. I feel really positive today, but honestly the day just started so I would hope I would feel that way. Yesterday was a great day, hard, but great.

I really wanted a glass of wine and my little brain was just searching for a way that I could. I knew down deep that the antabuse would not allow it, but well maybe? It had been 36 hours, blah blah blah. It went on and on. I actually toyed with trying! How dumb is that? In my one teeny tiny moment of clarity I popped an antabuse and then immediately regretted it, then about an hour later really thanked the universe for that one small moment. That all it took for me. That is also all it took to start drinking.

During the day, when I felt like drinking I just did something else. Like many I have a list and I just pick something and do it. I got some great stuff done. Not everything on the list, that would be totally impossible. However, I did get some things done that have been hanging over my head.

I want to say how much I really admire you all that are doing this without the added crutch of the antabuse. Those little pangs of desire creep up and can take over. I am trying to use mine to do something else. It feels nice to be a bit accomplished and feels really good NOT to be drunk all the time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Max, whatever it takes. I am just too scared to have AL on my medical record and did not ask my doctor for anything.
    I am on day 16 and I wish I could say it is getting easier - it is not yet, but it takes more than that to ease the cravings.
    However, I had people over and served them beer without having one. Since wine my choice of poison, perhaps not a huge victory, but I survived my first visit and beer in the fridge. Thank God I have none left.
    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Congrats on Day 16! I think every day has it's own struggles, but even when I drank I felt that! I am feeling much more positive lately and I am just hanging on to that with all that I am!

Good on you for not drinking the beer! I totally would have, even though I don't like it. I was a wino, too. :-)

Comment

Hi MaxRay, I'm clapping my hands for you for that moment of clarity when you popped the Antabuse. I read somewhere that Antabuse teaches your body what your mind already knows - alcohol makes us sick and miserable. Is there anyone that you can ask to give the Antabuse to you and see you drink it?
        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

I am doing okay taking it and I live alone, so no one can really see me take it.

Comment

Working...
          X