Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Sunday

Hello dear ODATers!

Kind of a rainy, dreary day here in "sunny FL". Could this mean that I now will HAVE to stay inside and do Long overdue chores???

I'm still on board this bus, my next goal being an AF Jan. (Wasn't there a thread for that? Can't find it now!)

I've had mixed feelings about goals... because I would sometimes use Meeting them as an excuse for "celebrating" - crazy as that sounds.

But I think now I'm liking having them as sort of "stepping stones".

I hope wherever you are... you have a Lovely AF Sunday!!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Sunday

I'm on board for ODAT! I am feeling quite strong today.

Savvy, the January Just Do It thread is here:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...tml#post791854
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

ODATERS!!!

Well done savy! There ar 2 January threads, one in general and one in monthly abstinance.

Misery loves company and I have your weather and the same chores. I tend to drag out the chores but I'm going to put on loud music and knock them out.

Go for the 0!!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Morning, Savon,Dill and Greeneyes!
        Day 10 for Fluff! Kept waking up and falling back to sleep-now have my sober cup of joe and am checking in here! This site-has really helped me a lot-and I hope it has for others as well.
        Luv, Fluff
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Fluff - FANTASTIC!!

I hear ya about the sleeping thing. I've been taking naps almost Every day... then even can't keep my eyes open at 9 pm!! And I used to stay up quite late...

I suppose it's part of the "cure"!!

(And thanks for info on the other threads...)
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

i have the supplements, they helped all week but last night i had two margaritas and the went home
            and finished a half bottle of wine. feel like the shit i always feel after drinking too much by myself sitting on the couch drunk texting people. ok it starts again. am i in the right blog section? got any ideas for how to survive a hungover day without guilting myself to death?

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hi willow. Eat well, drink lots of water. Get out and get some exercise. Write down how crappy you feel and figure out what went wrong and what you will do INSTEAD next time. Keep trying!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Good morning all! I haven't been checking in lately. I've been very busy at work which is good! Business is good and I'm hiring. If my little business is a predictor of the economy, the recession will end this spring and the future is bright. Also, at the end of the holidays, that's the last trigger I had left. I'm not feeling the day-to-day tug that I felt before. So count me for OWAT.

Willow just relax and sleep it out, or take a long walk. Exercise can help clear the toxins. You're going to feel depressed and moody. That's the after-effect of alcohol. Write down your feelings, or draw a picture, and Keep that in mind BEFORE YOU EVEN START next event. Alcohol is not just a buzz, it's also the day-after depression and sourness that can last one or two days. The next margarita will be a lot less attractive when you see all the negative things it will do to your mood.

Good luck all, and Happy ODAT. Happy MLK day tomorrow for those in the US who have it off.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hey Willow - you're in the right place if you want to go "ONE day at a time!"

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully, it will be a learning experience... I had a LOT of those experiences before deciding I was no longer having Fun.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

BossMan, thanks for the uplifting words. We really need some good news and your post gave me plenty of hope. 2009 was such a scary year -- almost a miracle that some people made it through sober. I did not, but I officially declare 2010 MY YEAR!
                    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
                    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                    X