Withdrawal questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal questions

Hi, my name's Gary and I've been a moderate to heavy drinker for 40 years. Over the past year and a half, I've reduced my alcohol consumption gradually down to one beer or one glass of wine each day.

I'm concerned that if I stop drinking completely I'll get withdrawal symptoms. Is that likely to occur given the small amount that I've been drinking? I stopped cold turkey once before and the withdrawal was severe.

I'd sure appreciate some guidance. Thanks.

Withdrawal questions

Hi Gary and :welcome:

You've already made a great start. I'm wondering if you have been down to one drink a day for long enough that you needn't worry about withdrawal symptoms. Maybe others can ring in on this.

Eustacia

Comment

Withdrawal questions

well if you are only haveing one the effect should be gone in one hour so i would say to stop you should be fine.you are going 23 hours now anyway.congrats:welcome:

Comment

Withdrawal questions

Leave it to Mojo to cut to the chase!:H

E

Comment

Withdrawal questions

Withdrawal

Gary, I stopped for six weeks and expected major w/d. The only part for me was emotional - missing out on all the fun. I just found new fun.

I would give it a shot - if you are down to one a day, the w/d should be minimal.

Barb

Comment

Working...
          X