Starting Out, and My Storey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, my name is Felicia. I am just starting out. Have tried for so many years to completely quit drinking with AA. Stayed sober for a few months, and started again. It just does not work for me. Feel ashame, and guilty in those rooms. I started drinking wine only, and use ice cubes in my wine. If I don't I do go bezerk, like I did a couple of nites ago, celebrating my birthday. Off course I did not use ice cubes, and also had champagne. Had friends over, went fine, until they left, and then flipped out, causing disturbance with my husband, and reliving old crap. Next morning felt terrible. I have been very sad lately. We do drink everynite before supper, and it is usually wine. Will probably have at the most four glasses of wine with ice cubes, and am able to stop, and go to bed. Do not have a hangover the next morning. I do need help to moderate, and info on what all of you have started with. Felicia

Hi Felicia and :welcome:

I would recommend starting with the book. It is inexpensive and an easy read. You can download it from this site. It will give you a better idea of the overall plan. Then you can decide which part or how much you would like to try.
    I would definately get some supplements. They will help with the cravings but more importantly they help heal any damage you may have. Kudzu and L-Glutamine help me a lot with cravings.
    Then stick around here and post and read as much as you can. The is a great site with wonderful people. Lots of support and information.

Good Luck as you start your journey
    :l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Thank you AK. Your info was very helpful. I have ordered the Kudzu and L-Glutamine. Will talk to you soon. I feel very hopeful for the first time. F

Comment

hi and welcome felicia,you have taken a great step in beating this monster,read as many posts and threads as you can,There is also a newbie thread which you might want to check out but you can join in anywhere you feel happy to,hope to see you around,goodluck.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Felicia,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place.
          I joined also wanting to learn to drink moderately but after doing 30 AF days I changed my mind, decided to stay AF!

Make a good plan for yourself, something that will work for you. Look in the Tool box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas for your plan. Do at least 30 days before you try moderate drinking again - it's not an easy thing to do for a lot of us.

Feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread, let us know how you are doing.
          Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X