Tired of fighting this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of fighting this!

Just finding life overwhelming with 4 kids including a 6 month old... up 3 -4 times a night and up from 6 til whenever can get a break.life is a total slog and have no space. Trying to quit the booze but without much success! Feeling hemmed in and very tired . Feel very low2 and crap mum and however much I give its never enough.
    How do you give up drinking when it seems like the only break?
    Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
    For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
    "

Tired of fighting this!

Evie, we are here for you. If you want to chat, I will go there now and wait for you.

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

hi evie i know what you mean but there are ways and you are a good mumim in chat too
      Twitch

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

Hello Evie, it is hard and at times seems insurmountable but so many people have beaten this and you can too. Be kind to yourself and try and find a little ME time if you can, even ten minutes a day. When we get a little bit of sober time under our belts things can seem so much brighter and we can feel more positive. AL is such a depressant and it is a vicious cycle of drinking, hangovers and feelings of shame and regret. Break the cycle, we are here to support you.
        Keep safe
        KTAB
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

Okay-Evie-never thought I'd say this but maybe you can at first really try to just cut down on how much you are drinking.... start with whatever you drink-a glass and then try to switch to tea and some small cookie to sate the feeling. I DO remember the craziness of having kids that young and it truly is draining. Maybe try to moderate and then try to quit. Just my take on it. Best wishes to you and welcome!
          Luv, Fluff
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

thank you----- i'm trying to quit totally but get 3 0r 4 days then give up. i'm going to aa meetings and they are great but find i slip up as soon as i feel overwhelmed again in my head
            Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
            Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
            "

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

i do so thank you all for your replies... it mean so much ...as i understand how hard this is for us to beat
              "

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

Evie, keep in touch, you can do this. Next time you are starting to feel even a little overwhelmed come here and talk to us. There is always somebody around, we are all in this together.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

Hi Evie, four kids! you sure must be exausted. But the years will fly by and they will be treasure. I relate to everything you say and feel. Feel free to PM me anytime.
                  make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

Evie, I can so relate to the getting 3-4 days in and then giving up. I was at that stage a few months ago. All I can tell you is, you CAN break through it! Just decide that this is the time, and do it. It's not easy, I very well know it. But it can be done. When you get to day 4, focus your mind on the next morning and how if you get through the day, the next morning will be day 5. You can't get to day 5 unless you finish day 4 af. Think how good it will feel!

Peace and strength to you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

I just want to say it is difficult to do anything -- never mind something as hard as getting sober -- when you are as tired as you are.

Have you considered "sleep training" the baby? We did the Dr. Ferber method and it worked great. It's humane. And they sleep through the night and then so can you.

Look into it. OK? We're pulling for you. 4 is a lot of kids, but they are here now and you must find a way to cope that does not destroy you and deprive you of the preciousness of these early years. Trust me, there is no going back. Mine are teens, one is away at college (I have three)...I was not drunk during those years (Thank God). My drinking has escalated during the teenage years.

Don't lose time you can never get back~

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

Hi Evie,
                        have yu got a good GP? It may be a good idea to talk to them if you can. I can totally empathise with drinking to cope with the difficulties of motherhood. My drinking problem greatly worsened after my second child was born and then got progressively worse. I have been seeing a Clinical Psychologist now for over 18 months and they have been briliiant. I have problems of anxiety and depression as well as alcohol misuse and the Psychologist has helped me tackle all the problems. I am now 2 weeks off being AF for a year, something I never thought I would be but I am so grateful and feeling better than I have for years.
                        I really hope you can get some help, it sounds like you are having a tough time but you can get through this!! Please let us know how you are doing. Sending postive vibes your way!!
                        Dora

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

Hi Evie

Wow 4 great kids. My 4 are in their 20's now but I can remember the zombie-like days and jack-in-the box nights - exhausting especially by yourself. You are their world right now and they are your life! It definitely will improve but just now that's probably not much consolation. I guess the ideal for you would be to be able to have a break from the kids for a short time. But if that is not possible just now, please try to stay calm and just enjoy them and the chaos!! I do remember trying to get dinner ready with one on my hip, one trying to climb up my leg and the other two trying to kill each other!

Someone on MWO posted this: There is no situation that cannot be made worse with al. I agree. Getting sober and staying that way is not easy. But so worth it!!! Mybe the suggestion that Fluff had to just have the one drink which is always the best one anyway as your little piece of "me' time would work. The only prob is being able to only have the one!!!
                          Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

Hi Evie. Being a mum is so hard at the best of times but when you are trying to cope with an addiction it is so much harder. I remember that tiredness that gets right into your bones. Do you go to playgroup to meet other mums? I found when I could talk to other people who were going thru the same thing (motherhood) it lightened the load. And as Ktab says come here often because I have found just reading about other peoples struggles, it makes me feel less alone.
                            Good luck
                            Hippy
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Tired of fighting this!

hi evie just like to say welcome,you have come to a great place with lots of support and advice,take it at one day/hour at a time,its a matter of first beginning and then following through.hope you jump in here daily as this will help big time. goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X