The Ups and Dows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ups and Dows

Today is day 8 for me and I have had lots of ups and downs. In fact, last Monday was a super downer. I felt so depressed, lonely, angry and wanted a drink. I wanted one badly. I was so mad that I had taken that stupid antabuse on Saturday. My mind quickly tried to figure out if it was possible for me to drink Monday night. Thankfully, I have heard enough horror stories to keep me from doing that, so I just rode it out.

You know what? It passed. It didn't pass as quickly as I wanted, but it did pass and now I feel better. It's so hard to look for that rainbow in the storm, but it's there. We just need to have some faith. The feeling of making it through the rough patches is far better than giving in and feeling guilty, depressed and helpless.

Today I feel good again and with each day that nasty urge is less and less. Today it's not there at all. I am sure it will creep up on me again, but am going to imprint on my brain how I am feeling right now and that's good.

The Ups and Dows

Hi Max, firstly very well done on your 8 days.
    What really inspired me is your insight into the early days of sobriety. You have discovered early one great tool to keep you sober and thats the ability to realise that low moods dont last and the good ones outweigh all the negatives that may or may not come to bug you from time to time.
    Great going Max!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

The Ups and Dows

Max- Doing good- toughing out the bad days! BTW I love your adorable birds!!!
      Luv, Fluff
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Working...
      X