Today is the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day

:new: I am on Day 1 and it isn't easy. i came home from work and it seemed like something was missing. i have been down this road before i had 33 days a few months ago. i am now trying this again hoping that i can finally get my act together because honestly i may enjoy drinking, but i am miserable at the same.

Today is the day

Hi Rosepetal,

I've been looking out for you since I saw your name in the "new members" list as rose-petal is one of my nicknames in my real life!!

Anyway :welcome: and congrats on your courage to do this! Its not easy, but you are going to feel so much better - and so proud of yourself!! - in the morning.

Stick around, read lots of threads, get to know people and let us get to know you. This is an incredibly supportive and helpful site and you will get no judgement or people telling you what to do.

There is a "Toolbox " thread which lots of people find realy helpful, plus the book of course (which can be downloaded). I'll try and find the toolbox thread and post the link for you.

stay strong today ...... and feel that gap that feels like you re missing something with doing something else to take you mind off it - do a jig saw, watch a movie, have a hot bath, chocolate, ice-cream ...... or just stay n the site and post some more!!!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Today is the day

okay, I hope I did this right:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

If I didn't it is in the monthly abstinence section
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Today is the day

Day 1 (again!) for me too. Most I've achieved has been 31 but that was 18 months ago and have failed superbly since . . . . . have spent last hour reading about dangers of AL trying to get my head in gear once again . . . . I am so focused in the morning but as the day wears on my willpower begins to lessen so am trying the one day at a time approach -so today I won't drink . . . . . . Px
        Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Today is the day

:welcome:Hi Rosepetal and Patricia - this is a great site with lots of support. You can do it!
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Today is the day

Welcome :welcome: Rosepatel and Patricia. Some good advice posted above. You might also want to check out the Newbies nest. Lots of newbies start there until they learn their way around. Good luck as you start your af journey.
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Today is the day

welcome, day 3 for me , the worst day, the one i always fsil on, but not this time, lots of help here, love and hugs Tawnywitch
              Twitch

Comment

Today is the day

Hi Rosepetal...Congratulations! I read your post. Today is my 2nd day. I've never posted before , but Im at a point where I need to shareand be connected to people. Good Luck and God Bless you.

Comment

Today is the day

Day 3

hi all you wonderful people! Thanks so much for your wonderful support. I am on Day 3 and doing my best to keep my mind occupied and not stinking thinking. Anyways thanks for your all advice and i really do you need you all. i have been kind of blah and haven't been on to post, but today is a little better surprisingly it being the weekend and all. That is when it is the hardest for me. Again thanks!:thanks::h

Comment

Today is the day

Hello Rosepetal, Patrica & MommyD and welcome to a fantastic place. I have found it invaluable in keeping sober. I hope you guys will too.
                    Keep safe
                    KTAB
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Today is the day

:welcome: and Hello Rosepetal, Patrica & MommyD,

:goodjob: to all of you! stick close to us and together we can help you do this, if you have decided to, truely in your hearts!

Comment

Working...
                      X