I got through yesterday...and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am worried about today. Its Day 3 and its Saturday. I like to drink beer (malt liqour actually-cheap and tacky) I would usually have 2 while cooking breakfast, listening to music. Then I'd take a "nap". I also want to and have to be honest here -I smoke weed. So I guess Im not really sober. I also have a need to attract people who always need something from me and its annoying. Last night I cleaned my apt. until 1 am- scared that I would drink and made myself tired...took alot of deep breaths and advice so I made sure I ate (alot) and had sweets, I added to my limewire file and enjoyed the music....I still felt annoyed, like something was getting on my nerves. Took an advil pm....Slept very lightly...woke up to do it all over again...What will I do today to keep myself occupied without being teary eyed and annoyed?:anon:

MommyD, good job on 2 days!!! Can you get out of the house safely? Seriously. sometimes cars have been known to end up in places they should not. If you can, maybe you could go to a park, museum, window shop..... If not, maybe organize photos or some project to keep hands and mind occupied.

Ahve you looked at https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html ?

Hang in there! You are doing great!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

That's great MommyDearest - well done! Saturday was (one of) my big drinking days too. One thing I did was join a gym, and spent hours in there if necessary, using up "drinking time" and getting fitter into the bargain. And the membership fee is a fraction of what I used to spend on alcohol.

Plus, what Greenie said about getting out of the house safely. Sometimes I just had to stay indoors to keep out of trouble or go out without taking any money at all with me.

Keep going - you can do it!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi, MommyDearest. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you...why don't you read thru this site....that could take a few hours. You'll laugh, cry and smile at all of the posts. You'll see that we are all here for each other. I have to run now - but I truly hope you have a great day. Remember - one day at a time!
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Working...
        X