Do I have a problem with alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question I see asked time and again is do I have a problem with alcohol? Well, if you've come here, then you must think so. However I found this test on the net and thought I'd publish the link here as a guide to anyone who may wish to find out just how much of a problem they may have according to this guide. I hope it's helpful.

www.alcohollearningcentre.org.uk/_library/AUDIT.doc
    Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

This is a real eye opener......hope everyone sees it.
    Thanks for posting it!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Sky -- I used to say that I was a "situational alcoholic" -- it really translates into a binge drinker... not cool
      Tiny

Comment

Thanks. I needed to review that at this time. I've been thinking about straying, after all I've gone 9 months in a few days and doing fine, so why not.

Well, it will probably lead back to that daily obsession and for what?

Winefree

Comment

Not surprisingly, I scored 24. And that includes checking a '0' in some of the boxes. An eye-opener indeed.

Comment

Patrick Holford in his book 'How to Quit Without Feeling S**t' (his censorship not mine!) I believe merely asks if you can do without something for two weeks. If you can't then you have a degree of reliance, dependence, or addiction. Seems like a fairly good barometer to me, for anything, not just booze.
            I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

oops scored 29, not anymore, but when I was drinking, very very scary
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Scored 35. :-(

Like I didn't know I would.
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

i scored an 11. i'm not putting it out there to push it into anyone's face, i'm putting it out there because, it was not below a 7 which is why i'm here right?
                  to put a stop to the "increasing risk" that I've become before I score higher on that chart.

right?

Comment

Thank you for that. What a huge eye-opener. Today I was thinking things weren't so bad when I was drinking, but I scored 37 on this test. Gee, you think I had a problem? :-)

Thanks again for posting that. It's exactly what I needed and exactly when I needed it!

Comment

Thanks for the link. I scored 24 and that is why I no longer drink.

Comment

I scored 30.

Thanks for the link, but it seems somewhat pointless to me. Aren't we here already because we know we have a problem with alcohol?

If this is meant to help us to help others who may not understand they could have an alcohol problem then I see the point. But I refer back to my last post on this thread on the first page. If you can't go a few days without a sort of substance or behaviour, let alone two weeks, then you're dependent on it. No questionnaire needed to work that out!
                        I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Working...
                        X