Grateful for MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grateful for MWO

Last Sunday, I had a meltdown that left me feeling worthless, depressed and certain that I would never be able to quit. I have been a "functional" alcoholic for 30+ years; tried to quit many times without success and have desperately tried to keep my "problem" from as many people as possible. After several hours of wallowing in self-pity, I turned to Google to try to find some alternative to AA (which did not work for me), and my search led to MWO. After reading (and reading and reading), I found out that there were new meds out there that just might help someone like me. I was terrified to make the appointment with my family doctor, but many of your stories gave me the courage to talk to him and get started on Campral. It is still not easy, but I am finishing up AF day 3 tonight and I just wanted to say "Thank you."

Grateful for MWO

Hi ptg,

Welcome to MWO, glad you found us - this is a good place!
    Congrats on your 3 AF days, that's big! No, this is not an easy journey but you will be happy with the results I'm sure.

Please feel free to drop in the 'Newbies Nest thread, let us know how you are doing.
    Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Grateful for MWO

:welcome:Welcome Ptg!

Your story sounds almost identical to my own! I'm very happy you found this site. Keep reading and posting, it is a big help.

Peace and strength to you!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Grateful for MWO

welcome ptg, this is an amazing place

Comment

Grateful for MWO

Hi Ptg. I'm like Dill too. Your story sounds just like mine. I think being functional, others cant see the messy side of our addiction which makes it harder when we do ask for help. But you have asked for help now so good on ya.
          This place truly is fantastic. There is so much help here.
          Good luck with your journey.
          Hippy chick
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
          X