My Close Friend Is A Trigger for Me....Day 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually when I dont go to work (which is often) I start my day with my neighbor/best friend? We drink 2 22oz malt liquors and watch t.v...I have been avoiding her for the last 4 AF days and today shes here...drinking. But Im not...and I know at this point shes tipsy-not noticeably, but I know. She doesnt stress education and her children dont to go to school- they are teenagers. They knock on my door every 5 minutes and Im completely annoyed. I dont like this and thought staying away would do the trick. It hasn't. I miraculously dont want to drink it looks ugly. I am on Day 5 and didnt want to drink today-yet.

Hang in there, Mommy!

It is always interesting to me to see what drinking people look like when you're sober. It's eye opening, for sure. And they sure do look different - I find it an added incentive of where I don't want to be anymore. Use what you learn wherever you find it. Take care.
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hope all went well on day 5! You are doing terrific on your AF journey!
      ODAT!

Comment

Hi MommyDearest- Is there something else you could be doing instead of letting her in to watch t.v? I mean can you go out to a store, museum, park, and change up this bad routine?
        You are doing so well- keep up the good work- it's so encouraging to us to see your progress!
        Luv, Fluff
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I'm with fluff. Time for a new activity, one that gets you away. Congrats on Day 5. There is a lot more joy and excitement in life than can be had by zoning out every day.

Comment

You are all absolutely right...Today is Day 6 and I did the same thing... Im going to do something different...even if she doesnt. Thanks!

Comment

I agree with everything everybody has said in this post. Just want to give you an attagirl :goodjob:

Comment

Thank you Hart...I will change my behavior -even if its hard @ first.

Comment

Hi All
                  A walk at Orchard Beach if the weather is good for it is always nice

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting

AF 5-16-08
                  Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08

Comment

Hang in there Mommy D!
                    Have you read the 'Toolbox' thread in monthly abstinence section? Some great tip's there. It's a big world out there, and we've got to get out there amongst it all, and take our life back.

Best wishes, and great stuff on your af time. Keep going, no matter what!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Can any one tell me how they get those qoutes? Im having a lil trouble navigating the site-AND are you supposed to start new threads everyday or go back to the original one and just keep adding on? Thank you in advance!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X