Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Hi Everyone,
    It's time for me to stop drinking. I can't control myself and have just one or two glasses of wine. I can drink a whole bottle of wine and a few mixed drinks easily. (and often do). It's hard to admit being such a failure! I have no reason to drink, I have two great kids, (they're older.. in college and already graduated so I'm an empty nester). I have a GREAT husband who is great looking, generous, treats me like a queen.. we're very financially secure, I really have no worries that I can think of, so why do I do this? I drink when I'm happy, i drink when I'm sad, I can just find any excuse..... Today is day 1 for me. I'm going to be checking in every day and reading.... I appreciate your wisdom and help!:new:

Day 1

Welcome Matildagray,::welcome:
    You`ve made a great decision by coming here. I`m on day 6 and I don`t think I could have made it without the encouragement of the people here. Keep reading and posting and you will soon see what a difference it will make.
    Stay strong

Comment

Day 1

:welcome: Matilda,

You're in a safe place with no judgement. We've all been in your shoes at one time or another.
      You've take a huge step by coming here today.

Have a look in the tool box to get a plan of action together.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Like Bunny says keep reading, keep posting. Ask any questions.

Wishing you all the luck in the world on your journey.

J x

:l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day 1

Hi Matilda,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
        By all means, download & read the MWO book, look in the Tool box for good ideas to make your plan.
        The Hypnotherapy CDs were very helpful to me, especially in the beginning.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for support
        I'm an empty nester too, lots of us here finally getting our acts together!

Wishing you the best!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X