Hi everyone !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone !

:new: Happy New Year to everybody. I am new to this amazing site and hope I was guided by my gaurdian Angel or spirit guide....but alas I am here for my family, sanity, health and career but most of all, my addiction to wine , and the crap feeling it gives me !!!!
    I sat the other night with my mate vino, debating on how long we had been friends, lovers enimies, mistakes and distroyers and it scared me, 27 years iv aloud my head to brain wash my thoughts and actions , and turn me in to the silly fool I have become.
    2010 a new year a new start no booze for me lol !!!! Did'nt work because I could'nt addmitt to myself I had an alcohol problem....... but I do !!! And today I was able to finally identyfy it and God it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as I read though some of the posts on this site. I realised as I cried my way though the messages I was not alone and human.

Hi everyone !

Beautiful view;796665 wrote:
    2010 a new year a new start no booze for me lol !!!! Did'nt work because I could'nt addmitt to myself I had an alcohol problem....... but I do !!! And today I was able to finally identyfy it and God it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as I read though some of the posts on this site. I realised as I cried my way though the messages I was not alone and human.
    Hi BV and :welcome: to MWO.
    You are definitely not alone. There are a lot of very caring and supportive people here. All of us are or have been in the same place as you are. You have taken two big steps to facing your problem. One is admitting that you have a problem with alcohol and two, wanting to get help. This is a safe place where you will not be judged or criticized. Read the posts by the other members. They will help you a lot. Write whatever you want and ask whatever you wish to.
    There is a "Tool Box" thread in the "Monthly Abstinence" forum that you might want to check out. Drop into the Newbies Nest if you like and pull up a twig.
    Again, welcome to MWO.
    Stirly
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi everyone !

Hello and welcome Beautiful View,

I am sure you were guided here as many of us have been and because of that you will make it work for yourself. I think that part of the difficulty in recognising that there is a need for change in relation to alcohol is the feeling of being the only one with a problem, and the associated shame and guilt (at least that's how I felt). It's good to know, as you have found, that you are not alone and as you read more and more posts, new and old, any feelings of guilt will dissipate and be replaced with strength as you come to see how people have turned their lives around.

There are lots of things you can do, the tool box thread https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html as stirly-girly suggested is a good place to start, then there is the MWO book and the recommendations within that, whatever feels right for you. Reading peoples stories, and the example of the people who have established sobriety for themselves I found to be the most powerful. Above all you have to really want it.

Good luck and look forward to hearing more from you.
      I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone !

Thank you XXX

:thanks: Thank you both for your kindness and support already I am so grateful and dont feel as scared and as lonely as I thought I wud. I will check out the tool box . I have a large box of tissues at my side as I know its gona be a very heart rendering journey but worth every inch of the pain. Once again thank you . x

Comment

Hi everyone !

hi and welcome beautiful view, you have come to a great community with lots of support and advice,read as many posts and threads as you can,and you will certainly see your not alone.hope to see you around.goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi everyone !

:welcome: Beautiful view,

Just another voice to help support you.

J x

:l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
            X