Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Way Out

Hi all

I started to notice a problem with alcohol when I was using it to help me anaethetise from "life and reality"
    When I noticed I was arguing and becoming obnoxious with my partner and not remembering the details of what I had said the night before on more than one occasion, It rang alarm bells.
    I made a decision that i did not want to live my life like this and that my alcohol use was the cause of my problems and if i wanted to succeed with any program of moderation then the motivation had to come from within me and not from any outside source. Having said that I needed some tools to help me and after investigating a lot of other programs i turned to this one.
    I started using the program a few weeks ago, ordered the supplements and the book and CD's.
    I decided also for me and everyone is individual, that moderation would be my goal.
    I have stuck with the program and done what is recommended as far as taking the supplements, cd listening and have read the book.
    My motivation comes from knowing that if i want to succeed then it is up to me and not anyone else because no one hands me the wine glass and says you have to drink this!
    I decide what moderation is for me as i don't believe "one size does fits all".
    Drinking in a way that is not being abusive or using the alcohol for other reasons than to be enjoyed and savoured is normal for me and while it might be different for other people because we are all unique then I respect other peoples idea of moderation.
    For me this is not something i do for a short time but this is lifetime and I need to be able to live with the boundaries I have implemented.
    I also know that using alcohol beyond what is pleasurable and "normal" is masking problems that need to be addressed and that is what i am doing because unless the root cause is not addressed then the process of recovery will be short lived.
    I am not using any of the drugs like Toprimate but am using the Kudzu as recommended as well as the other supplements
    I have not had any cravings nor have i even thought about having a drink except on the days when i practice moderation. I have not thought about drinking past moderation because I want a life free from guilt, shame and depression.
    The CD's are marvellous and the night time one i use on continuous loop all night.
    I really thank the creator of this program for giving me especially a Way Out
    Lisa Australia

My Way Out

Welcome

Hello Lisa - Welcome!

Glad you have found a place and tools that are working for you. You are right about the size of the shoes

Hidden

Comment

My Way Out

Lisa,

:welcome:

I am very glad you found MWO and this program is helping you with your goal.

You are so very right, no one but ourselves puts those drinks in our hands.

You are also very right in that all of us are different. Stick with your goals and if you are successful at moderation, you are one of the very lucky ones here.

There is a "Long Term Moderators" forum or something like that. They would be so happy so have you join them. They are a great group of people.

Keep us up-to-date from time to time. It is always good to hear of successes. It helps keep those who are struggling motivated.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My Way Out

Welcome Lisa! I'm glad you found this site. There are a great bunch of caring people here and lots from Australia. Sounds like you already have a foothold, so stick around.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

My Way Out

Hi Lisa!

Welcome. I too am a moderator, and do it on my own terms too, so good for you!

I've been doing pretty well at this since last August - only had about 15 drinks in all of December. I'm grateful for MWO and all the good people here too. Just hanging out with others who know is a major comfort.

Take care!
          tw
          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

My Way Out

Hi Lisa,

You sound really determined to turn the way you drink around. You are right, whether moderating or abstaining there really is no single "way out" that is the same for everyone.

You have a clear plan for yourself, and as others have said you will find plenty of support here.
            I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X