Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

Hi Odaters!

How is everyone making out? We are almost through the workweek and into the dreaded weekend. I know I will not drink this weekend, who's with me?

I had a white knuckler yesterday. It was a really long day at work and all the way home I fought with my brain about allowing myself "one glass of wine" (that stupid beast in our heads trying to tell us it's a reward). As we all know, there is no way I would have had "one" glass of wine - one bottle maybe.

Anyway, I got through - I kept reminding myself how crappy I would feel, how I need to get a good nights sleep, how busy I will be at work today and how awful it would be hungover.............blah blah blah.

Anyway, onto day 5 for me today. Busy day but I know that's better because it will go quick and I can come home to my new jacuzzi tub for a nice soak!

Have a great day everyone, ODAT.

Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Thursday

Hi Universal-Fluff's here too! It's my day 3-if I thought just one glass of wine-it would have turned into 5! Happy for you on resisting that urge!
    Luv, Fluff
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

ODATERS!!!

Uni, I've got my eye on you... that one in my signature! :H White knuckles seem to go with an off spell don't they. Ugh. You're strong and you'll do it. :l

Sunday is Feb 1, you ODATERS will ROCK February!! So get those big girl pants on! The ones with red hearts and lace for February.

Hi fluff!

Go for the 0!!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

day 3 for me, bad news from hospital so really trying to keep the demon at bay, hope I succeed, stay strong everyone, love and hug's Twitch

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

It's morning here. Will commit to no alcohol today long before that after-work, ridiculous dialogue in my brain where good sense seldom prevails. Then tonight I can just say to the alcohol beast who asks "Why can't I just come visit tonight?," just simply NO. "But why-y-y-y-y-y-y" And I can say (like I say to the kids) "Cause I said so."
          Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Luvwins-Ha-Ha! You're right-it's like a whiney kid tugging at you!
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

You've been there perhaps Fluff?
              Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Yes! And I have whiney kids too!
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Good Day ODAT'rs.

Been a long time since I have posted, only due to not having a computer for months.

Im happy to be back and be part of our little community of support.

I have been trying hard to beat this nagging little problem of ours called alcoholism.

I almost caved in last night as well, and since I work around alcohol, its especially hard.

Like Universal, I try to rationalize why I should NOT drink (all the thousands of reasons NOT), and sometimes that works. What also worked well was I ate a big piece of cake during my urge, and that seemed to take care of it.

I know the cake might not be the best for me, but I would rather eat cake than drink! Cake does not give you a nasty hangover and a day full of regrets!

Love,

Overit
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X