First timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer

I'm a lucky girl...have nothing bad to drink about but do and I feel bad for doing so. I can't have one drink, I so wish I could. I have an amazing family, partner..hence I don't expect a response or sympathy but I suspect I'm depressed. I drink to escape..not with others but to escape by myself.Solance sometimes...

First timer

An important fact i feel I missed is I can only go two days max sober..the third I drink. Alot. I wish I didn't. x

Comment

First timer

Hey Heather-
      Is today day three? What happens on day three that you drink? What would happen if you didn't drink on day three? Why do you think you are able to go two days without drinking? I'm just wondering about the thought process. I struggle with an internal monologue that is constantly trying to get me to drink- so I was wondering what you think about when you decide to drink.
      Hope you are doing ok right now...love to hear back from you-
      lisa

Comment

First timer

Hi Heather, and :welcome:
        You will still find a lot of support and great advice here! My doctor sent me to a counsellor as well, because I could not find the dang reason I would only be able to stay 1 or 2 days max sober, then would drink a LOT for NO REASON... just uncontrollable, really.
        We've found here that it may be something with our wiring, something with our habits, something with a chemical or nutritional imbalance with us, but SOMETHING. And with working through figuring that something out, we can cut the drinking way back, and become much healthier, happier, sober individuals.
        Read up, ask questions, dive in!
        Your greatest asset will be your willingness to put everything you have into every aspect of this program possible. Do as much as you can. The less you do, the more inconsistent and frustrating your results will be, trust me!
        What are your goals?
        Great to have you here!! Best of luck to you!

Comment

First timer

lisa3102 wrote: Hey Heather-
          Is today day three? What happens on day three that you drink? What would happen if you didn't drink on day three? Why do you think you are able to go two days without drinking? I'm just wondering about the thought process. I struggle with an internal monologue that is constantly trying to get me to drink- so I was wondering what you think about when you decide to drink.
          lisa
          Day one I have a hangover. Day 2 I feel good for not drinking and Day 3 I usually have someting that triggers me into having a drink...hope that makes sense. x

Comment

First timer

becca wrote: Hi Heather, and :welcome:
            You will still find a lot of support and great advice here! My doctor sent me to a counsellor as well, because I could not find the dang reason I would only be able to stay 1 or 2 days max sober, then would drink a LOT for NO REASON... just uncontrollable, really.
            We've found here that it may be something with our wiring, something with our habits, something with a chemical or nutritional imbalance with us, but SOMETHING. And with working through figuring that something out, we can cut the drinking way back, and become much healthier, happier, sober individuals.
            Read up, ask questions, dive in!
            Your greatest asset will be your willingness to put everything you have into every aspect of this program possible. Do as much as you can. The less you do, the more inconsistent and frustrating your results will be, trust me!
            What are your goals?
            Great to have you here!! Best of luck to you!
            I must admit I haven't read about the program..not sure what I'm after....help, support I suppose. All my family drink, to excess and It's easy to think its genitic, excuse any spelling errors, I've had a bottle of wine, day 3...I am a level headed person nomally..suppose I'm sick of having to justify myself as the perfect person to certain people...I'm waffling. Forgive. x

Comment

First timer

You're words by the way were great....hope I didn't come across short before.

Comment

First timer

lisa3102 wrote: Hey Heather-
                lisa
                Can I ask do you still drink?

Comment

First timer

Heather - no need for any apology. I drank about 12 days ago. I've been working on this for about 3 months - really working on it.
                  This is hard. becca has some really good points - reading up is good and helps explain some things. But I have to admit the support here helps me more than anything else. More than reading - guess it also helps to just talk about it- makes it all real.

I've know I've had a problem for quite a while but chose to ignore it. I haven't figured it all out yet and I'm pretty sure I haven't had my last drink.

You up still? Doing ok? Are you ok at stopping at a bottle?
                  Lisa

Comment

First timer

heather-you are so likeable.

i am new here too-and i still pretty uncomfortable doing this...i have never been on any "chatty" websights-if i can figure out how to send a private message-i will-did i mention that i am inept with all things technological? and i can't blame alcohol.

Comment

First timer

I haven't quite worked this forum out so the person who last replied to me I have no idea how the whole techincal side works.
                      I'm not sure who I'm relpying to, to be fair but its but its nice people are hearing me.
                      To my other respnder, after the bottle of wine, I've had two bottles of beer..theres plenty more in the crate from the weekend party but I'm feeling good and have opted for a cup of tea instead of any more.
                      Does it make sense to anyone else that you drink for no apparent reason the night before an important day at work? x

Comment

First timer

Hi Heather. Yes I still drink. Sometimes within reason and other times not.. I am still trying to find that balance. Welcome. Glad you are here.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

First timer

Heather...you can tell who is responding by the name in the upper left hand corner.
                          And surprisingly it makes perfect sense that you, we, drink before something important - anxiety, fear- it's a way to cope. I once started drinking whiskey (which I hate but happened to have ) while waiting for phone calls about a new job. Answering the phone drunk to accept a new position is probably not the best idea! But that is just what I did. I did get the job
                          Good for you for switching to tea. That is hard to do too when you've started drinking.
                          Hope you come back here...and you too fallen (the tech stuff gets easier I promise)
                          It takes time to work thru why you are drinking - when you are drinking,,,,keep working on it and give yourself some time. This isn't easy like I said so be nice to yourself and give yourself praise when you have successes. It's a long road- but very very worth it.
                          Lisa

Comment

First timer

Hey Heather!
                            Don't feel bad about not knowing much about the program or where to begin, etc. You have already made a good brave first start by putting yourself out there.
                            My first step was to order the book. I did it the first day I found this site. I believe you can still order it in PDF form on the blog, or order it from the Health Store link at the top of the page. It is immensely helpful and I believe you will relate to a lot! Great people with great families and lives and then this THING with the drinking. We get it.
                            The thing is, you have probably already tried will-power alone, self-talk, counting drinks, and other strategies, yes? Me too, before I found this program. Short of stopping cold turkey (which I did not want to do), nothing worked.
                            This program (gotta get the book and read more under research) gives you tools, supplements, support, therapy, nutrition, exercise... just a whole arsenal of ammo to battle the bottle that you are looking to beat!
                            Keep at it Heather. Like I said, it takes some work. I'm still working, but it's SO much better than those endless days of suffering and breaking up my family and destroying my body.

Love to ya!

Comment

First timer

Hi Heather
                              That is exactly my pattern too. Day one I have a hangover. Day 2 I feel good for not drinking and Day 3 I usually have someting that triggers me into having a drink just like last night!!
                              Here I go again...I'm going to try soo hard for day three this time! Today is day one again
                              Alison

Comment

Working...
                              X