Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer

overit wrote: Hi Heather
    That is exactly my pattern too. Day one I have a hangover. Day 2 I feel good for not drinking and Day 3 I usually have someting that triggers me into having a drink just like last night!!
    Here I go again...I'm going to try soo hard for day three this time! Today is day one again
    Alison
    Hi Alison,
    Day 1 again for me too..I've felt so terrible all day, really hungover and guilty which has got me down. I've eaten for England too, seriously bad alcohol munchies. I just wish alcohol wasn't such a major force in my life..or that I could be happy to just have the one glass!
    I've a wedding on Friday so no chance of clearing three days without a drop.
    x

Comment

First timer

becca wrote: Hey Heather!
      Don't feel bad about not knowing much about the program or where to begin, etc. You have already made a good brave first start by putting yourself out there.
      My first step was to order the book. I did it the first day I found this site. I believe you can still order it in PDF form on the blog, or order it from the Health Store link at the top of the page. It is immensely helpful and I believe you will relate to a lot! Great people with great families and lives and then this THING with the drinking. We get it.
      The thing is, you have probably already tried will-power alone, self-talk, counting drinks, and other strategies, yes? Me too, before I found this program. Short of stopping cold turkey (which I did not want to do), nothing worked.
      This program (gotta get the book and read more under research) gives you tools, supplements, support, therapy, nutrition, exercise... just a whole arsenal of ammo to battle the bottle that you are looking to beat!
      Keep at it Heather. Like I said, it takes some work. I'm still working, but it's SO much better than those endless days of suffering and breaking up my family and destroying my body.

Love to ya!
      Thanks for the advice Becca..I'll have a look at the book. I'm happy to try anything not to wake up again and feel the way I did this morning. I stopped drinking for a month once and I felt so amazing...funny thing is I'm really not one of these people that alcohol suits..I suspect I'm a terrible drunk..if only I could remeber? x

Comment

First timer

My pleasure, Heather! Keep us posted and best of luck to you. Just stay close. That's important. Take care! We're always here.

Comment

Working...
        X