One Week One Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Week One Day

A week ago Monday I walked into my doctor's office scared to death. I had scheduled the appointment with his nurse under the pretense that I had back problems. When the nurse checked me in, my blood pressure was through the roof. I do not have high blood pressure. When he finally came into the examine room, he wanted to take my blood pressure again. I told him that it was not necessary. I told him that I was very nervous. I something to tell him that was not easy for me to say---that I have a Drinking Problem. He then went into a series of questions as to amount, had I considered AA, etc. He said that I had put 2-3 drinks per day on my paperwork. I replied that I was not truthful to him or myself. In fact, I told him over the last several years,I have been drink a bottle and 1/2 of wine a day. I then told him that I was not going to AA and had throughly research the My Way Out program and asked for him to prescribe Topomax. He asked more questions and let the exam room for a while and return and agreed. I return to him in 4 weeks for montoring. The topo has kept my drink in check to 1 drink a day and 0 on some days. Still adjusting to the changes, particularly to my slowed mental ability. It also makes me wake up many times at night. However, well worth the trade off and HANGOVERS!!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO MOVING FORWARD...

One Week One Day

That is just terrific Steverino!! What you did took a lot of courage, and you did it and succeeded! Congratulations! I am sure that your mental abilities will improve with time. I can't say enough good things about the straightforward way that you handled this! Well done!

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
    X