X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First post and feeling weak

Hi new here.

:new:

Feeling very weak. I know there's some cold beer in the garage calling my name out right now and I feel like giving in.

Help. I am strong throughout the day until early evening and the cravings and mind games start. Like right now.

My last relapse was 2 days ago so I know having 2 sober nights behind me is making today a very vulnerable day.

Any help to get me through this? It is taking every ounce of effort not to go down to the garage right now.

Weakness.

Hi Meech- This is about the time you get an urge- keep your day 2-don't make it day 1- and be proud of it! Day 3 is just a few hours away!!! Welcome-and keep posting!
    Luv, Fluff
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

HI and :welcome:
      You have done really well staying AF for 2 days, do you feel better for it, proud of the achievement, because you should. Think of how much better you will feel waking up tomorrow without the guilty hungover feeling, stay strong.
      Good luck and take care:l

Comment

Trying to hang on

Okay so I'm crying right now because I am getting some support. I am still really fighting. Have not entered the garage yet. I'm scared and feel so weak.:upset:

Comment

Go somewhere. Go to an AA meeting. Go to Walmart. Go for a walk. Go to Starbucks. What time is it there?

Comment

Hang on, Meech! :l You can do this and tomorrow morning will arrive. No more prickly day 2 for you then, just a nice round 3 to enjoy. Seriously though, it is hard but there are people around the globe seeing your plea hanging with you ~ you are not alone in this. Keep posting, try out the chatroom, curl up under a blanket and treat yourself like you have the flu. Be soooooo good to yourself. You deserve it. Really. You. Do.

:welcome:

Comment

Stay In There Meech! Take it every 5 minutes by 5 minutes, breathe deeply...I know its hard-thats the nature of this ailment we have- to mislead us into rationalizing the act... But like Elsa said, wouldnt it be better to wake up tomorrow without a hangover? Staying on here is a big help too!!! On my days 2-3 I had such a terrible time, I wanted to drink soooooo bad ,but kept saying I dont want to wake up ashamed, defeated and guilty(not to mention needing another drink to shake the hangover,thus starting the cycle all over again). We are all here for you. I wish you peace.

Comment

Hi
                I have to admit I cried when I first found this site, I'd felt so alone for years, there is nothing to be ashamed of, we are all here because we are going through the same struggles that you are. you are not weak, if you were you would not have had the guts to seek out this site, recognise you have a problem, and do something about it. You are stronger than you know, just for taking the first step in getting help, that takes courage.
                Take care:l

Comment

This is helping. I can't believe the support. I went down for a gingerale and it seemed to cut the urgency a wee bit. Still really want a beer.
                  I hate hangovers and the self-loathing that goes along with it. I don't want to feel that again tomorrow. Will hang onto that good advice thank you everyone.

Must think about how proud and alive I will feel tomorrow morning. I hate that evil voice though, that keeps screaming it's okay you are fine just have a couple cold ones. The problem is I NEVER stop with a couple it's usually 4-6 before I come to my senses.

Hate that evil voice.

Comment

Hang on, Meech,
                    We're pulling for you! Cravings usually just last a few seconds, but sometimes come very close together! I am only on day 7 - every day is a struggle - but every morning I feel a little more confident. You will be in my thoughts.

Comment

Hi Meech,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!

Lots of deep breaths right now, lots of deep breaths!
                      Go take a walk, DO something different - distract yourself and remember your goal

I did it, you can too!!

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:welcome: Meech,

Hang in there. You're not alone any more.

Just click on the link below. This should give you at least a good hour's reading.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Add anything you might think could be useful to you or others.

J x

:l
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks Elsa, ptg109, Md72, Lodestar, Spedteach and Fluff. All of you are helping. I actually feel a little hope in such a short time. That craving an hour ago was an absolute monster. I know I will have more tonight I really need to eat a good supper that usually helps. Whenever I go too long in evening without eating I always relapse.
                          I better keep this site open for the next few hours as they will be tough ones.
                          thank you for your strength I don't feel quite so alone.

I will post how I made it. Hope you all have a sober evening/day.

Comment

Meech, :welcome: Regular meals with snacks and lots of fluids is very important, especially for the first few days. Soon your feeling of achievement will be more important than the cravings. Is there anyway you can get rid of the beer?

Good Luck and take it slow.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Meech,
                              The thing that I find helps the most is keeping busy. I drank out of boredom so now I try to fill my spare time with other activities. The urge will hit and at times it will be strong - you have to talk to yourself (even out loud sometimes:l) Waking up without the guilt is wonderful feeling - you will feel empowered and so proud of yourself! Hang in there - we are all here for you!
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                              X