First post and feeling weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Meech-How are you today?- I wanted to share with you that my husband would be in the habit of bringing home gin every Thursday or Friday night and I would always fall prey to that bottle- I finally had the courage to just ask him to not bring home any more gin because I was trying to quit-also, threw out the bottle of wine that was in the fridge. So, as Skendall said-why not throw out the beers? Hope you made it through the night!
    Luv, Fluff
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi and :welcome: Meech.
      Can't really add much to what the other members have posted before me. They've touched on all points. I would suggest you try this when you get a really strong craving (along with the suggestions above) - go and stand in front of the mirror (in the bathroom where you will be totally alone) and ask yourself if you REALLY want to have that first drink. Be honest with yourself. Look at your face, notice the look in your eyes. I bet that you will say NO! You don't want that first drink because you know it will lead to more and tomorrow you will wake up feeling angry and disappointed with yourself and ashamed that you gave in to the cravings. They will be strong, but you can be stronger. You can do it. 2 days, then 3 days, then 4,5 and 6 and so on. One step at a time, one day at a time. Each day you will awake feeling better and slowly that haunted, tired look in your eyes will leave and you will see bright, sparkly eyes looking back at you from your mirror! You're not alone. We're all in this together. Be strong,
      Stirly
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
      X