Its Day 8!!!! Me? AF??? Can it be???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am am happy.I am afraid of becoming some overzealous AFer but I am proud that today I kept my word-I will not drink!.... I realize its time to shift gears. What is my plan of action? How will I be accountable..Who will notice besides me? I guess the last one doesn't really count (lol) . I've achieved week 1 and now week two....My questions are -what do I have to change in order to accomplish what I want-long term and short term?....hmmmm. I realize that I have to get rid of some people. I've been around my neighbor/ friend for almost 10 years and we both suffer from this malady, but she's okay with herself, and within these 8 AF days I am not digging what I see. Or what people saw in me. This cannot be a balanced relationship right now...She is who I dont want to be any more. I feel bad about that-but I sure dont miss the drunken arguments we normally get into....I pray that I'm an inspiration to her.:h

Yes, MD - it CAN be!! Good for you!

Maybe you can see your neighbor IF she's not drinking... (surely, there are times when she doesn't drink...?)

My goals went sort of like this:

- Couple days AF
    - 4 days
    - 1 week
    - 2 weeks
    - 1 month

Now I'm at 1-half months... and I'm just keeping with it w/out a specific goal at this point. It seems easier NOT to drink! I know I'm feeling better about myself as a result. I don't feel like dipping back into that pit of depression, etc.
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Hi MD,

Congrats on you AF time! You've done very well!

Changing habits sometimes means having to leave some people behind.........
      You are moving forward, taking major steps toward a healthier future for yourself & family. Your neighbor will notice these changes & at some point she may be ready to make them too. You can be a good example for her in the future but right now you need to focus on yourself & your plan.

Think about where you want to be in a month, 6 months, etc. The possibilities are endless

Wishing you continued success & please drop in the Newbies Nest, let us know how you are doing!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:goodjob:MommyDearest72
        Congrats on Day 8. i am also on day 8 and i am so glad to have made it this far. may we continue our journey one day at a time af. :l

Comment

MD........(Maryland !?!) Sorry....that what it means to me...Ha! Mommy.....celebrate, by all means ! Way to go ! IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

MD and RP,
            Day 8 is great. Keep it going. The days may go slow at the beginning, but it gets quicker and easier as time goes on.

You will feel better and better.
            Keep reading and texting.

winefree

Comment

LOL-Iad, Thank you Savon, Lavande you guys are the best!!! Ireally do listen and hear you!!!! (you dont know how hard-headed I am)...And Rosepetal!!! Im so proud of you!!!! See you tmrw on Day 9!!!!

Comment

MD, Yes, it can be you! It IS YOU! WELL DONE! And besides you, we will notice. We're proud of you.
                Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Comment

Good job on 8 days, MD. I had to stop hanging around a woman friend when I went af. Not because she drank, but because she was so nagitive! Take care of yourself and keep piling up the af days.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Well done Mommy and Rose! 8 days is brill, thats when I started to feel stronger (beware the 15 day wobblies) and like Savon says at the beginning goals are great 1 day 1 week, I am now over 3 weeks so heading for 1 month (I hope!).Stay strong!!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Congrats to both of you. You are doing great!
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Wonderful!! Keep with it!
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Congratulations!!! I'm a little bit envious, but from good side I'm just on my second and 8 days sounds like an eternity...
                          The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                          /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

wow,

you are all an inspiration. I really like the copule of days, then 4 days, then 1 week. I sure hope that can be me in the near future. Working on day one. should have been day 3 but today is a new day and the start of my future. You all are inspiring me and giving me hope where even a couple of days ago I felt hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                            X