I'm new...where do I begin???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy holiday Stiteal, if I could manage a little green (jealous) cheerleader now just to annoy you I would!! You lucky thing, enjoy yourself
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Not AF yet and hate it.....

Thank you all very much for your loving support. I truly appreciate it.
      Stiteal, unfortunately I haven't been AF yet but I am trying to read, read and read all the posts and encouragement I get from all you guys, in order to find the courage to finally do it. Your strength and determination is admirable. Hope will get to share those feelings too.
      I ordered the supplements and the CD's today. Taking it a step at a time.

Comment

Welcome, stiteal, beauty and melissa! I could have never stopped drinking without this site. Here you will find the most loving, caring and understanding people in the world! I never drank in the daytime, either. Night time was always my problem, so I come into this site and I stay here all night to help me get through one more sober night. You will make many friends here. Even if you fail occasionally, ALWAYS pick yourself up and start over and come back to the site, where no one will judge you. We've all been there and we will always support one another no matter what! Reading post and posting your feelings as much as you possibly can! Best of luck to each one of you!
        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Welcome Stiteal, beauty, millie22, audrey14 and Melissa sorry hope i havn't missed anyone!:welcome:
          So good to have you hear. Took me a while to get through so many posts phew!! Some good infromation and i generally picked up that the triggers were a night thing just like myself. I am 31 days af today and i have discovered that it is about lifestyle change. Find new healthy habits to fill in your drinking time at night. It's a challenge but a challenge worth fighting for every night!! It gets easier the fog starts to lift and you will get some great insight along the way and most importantly learn about yourself in your NATURAL state.

Read the tools section under Monthly abstinence that is very helpful. The Allen Car Book 'Easy way to control alcohol' is also great to read at a time like this.
          Good luck on your journey and know that you are not alone.:l
          Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Thank you all for your welcome! Still trying to learn my way around the posts!!! I think I finally got it!
            Day 3 of tapering...! Taking it a step at a time.

Comment

I have been a regular "evening" drinker too for 38 years. In the last few years it has been only a bottle of wine per day, but it was enough to keep me high. Most of my family are problem drinkers. I have a brother in AA and a nephew in rehab. Periodically I have stopped drinking for one reason or another, but started up again and fell back into my old habits. I decided to stop drinking during Lent and it has been very rewarding. I would like to learn to be a social drinker so I am looking for a way to transition to that.

Comment

Hi Marty,

Are you new here? It's a pretty good place to be. Lots of non-judgemental support.

Why not hop into the Newbies Nest to say hello and ask any questions you need to.

Spam xx

Comment

Press ignore.
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Sweaty Betty;824195 wrote: Press ignore.
                    Better still, report it to the moderator...
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Marty;824074 wrote: I have been a regular "evening" drinker too for 38 years. In the last few years it has been only a bottle of wine per day, but it was enough to keep me high. Most of my family are problem drinkers. I have a brother in AA and a nephew in rehab. Periodically I have stopped drinking for one reason or another, but started up again and fell back into my old habits. I decided to stop drinking during Lent and it has been very rewarding. I would like to learn to be a social drinker so I am looking for a way to transition to that.
                      Marty,

Welcome and please ignore the above offensive posts.

If you'd like to start a separate thread to introduce yourself, you might get more people to stop in and say Hello to you! Hello!

There is a section on here for moderating too.

AD

Comment

Great posts for beginners!
                        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                        X