New and feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions on starting? I am going to seek outpatient care and have an appointment Wed.
    Mixed feelings. The costs of drinking are rising, I can't see how to continue and yet I feel a sadness. I know it is insane, but truthful. I am letting my family and self down. Feeling like such a phony, nobody at work knows I have problems with alcohol.
    Any encouragement would be appreciated.
    moxiemom
    All things are possible,
    moxiemom

Hi Moxie,

Just wanted to pop by and welcome you. It's great that you have an appointment - rehab or detox or what?

I t is normal to have moxed feelings about 'letting go' of drinking to start with. It was once your friend even though it is biting you on the bum more often than not these days it sounds like. It can feel like an overwhelming step looking to change at first. I remember I felt sad that my life and my relationship with alcohol had come to this at a fairly young age when other people were out enjoying themselves fairly responsibly.

There is also nothing wrong with being truthful about how you feel. Good luck - let us all know how your appointment goes and stick around here for support.
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

:welcome: I had mixed feeling about getting help too but the withdrawal was kicking my butt I'm glad I broke down in went. Good luck Moxie
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Moxie, was just curious how your appointment went. All those horrid feelings about living the lie, etc. WILL go away with sobriety and some work. I also know all too well the desire to hang onto AL despite the problems. For me, that was the addiction talking.

I wish you well on your journey.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X