New to MWO; have some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have figured out how to read posts, post new threads and click on my own name to find out the posts that I have posted to so I can read them. I clicked on LIVE CHAT this morning but wasn't sure what to do next. No one seemed to be there. I tried the subscriber web forum is that correct? Thanks so much. Any other info about using the site would be great. This is the best site I have ever found; I can't believe how fortunate I was to find it. Thanks to all of you for being you and for being so kind and welcoming me to your family! Love you all.:new:

Hi Beauty may I wish you a belated welcome. If you look at the bottom of the forum home page you will see various panels, two of which are chat and subs chat. If there are no names highlighted in either of them then they are vacant. I imagine that was the case. Just click on which ever posts you wish, I am sure you will be made feel most welcome and you will soon find your way around. You are right this is a fantastic place, a life saver for many of us.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hello and welcome! Sounds like you are doing a great job finding your way around. If the chat window opened up for you, and you saw the box with your screen name listed, then it is working. There are not always people in chat.

Have you noticed the dots by people's screen names on posts? The ones that are sometimes green? The green means that person is "on-line." If you are looking to chat and nobody is there, you could always try PMing some people whose "green blobs" are visible (maybe they are at their desk but maybe not) and see if you can find someone to chat.

Also, everyone is not a subscriber so you might have better odds of finding someone in the regular chat.

Hopefully that makes sense!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks all for your ideas! I will surely try those. Also what is AF? Thanks.

Comment

Alcohol free
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

AF = Alcohol Free

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Beauty!
              We are on AF2 together, correct? You seem to be getting the hang of this quicker than me. You mentioned you can click on your name to see your posts- where do you click? I tried to click on my name where it says "Welcome, stiteal", but nothing happened...I would like to be able to keep up with all of the conversations I'm involved in. How's your day going, besides navagating through this heaven-sent resource we've found?!
              :yougo:stiteal

For my family, for my health, for me...

Comment

Working...
              X