Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Was Doin So Well -Then I F'd it up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was doing well. 10 Days AF... I was proud of myself unil 3am Sunday Morning. I gave my daughter her Sweet 16 B-day party. I was proud because I did everything by myself- Decorations, Outfit, Her hair and nails done, a sidekick 08, sleepover, food. It was really nice- I tried my best to stay out of the teenagers way. I felt that urge-an ice cold beer. Just one- But I didnt... I've written about my neighbor/friend before. She came over and had her goblet of rum. I wanted some but didnt. As the night progressed she became increasingly drunk (NOT CUTE) and I began to look at her like people looked at me.(YUCK). She wanted to argue- about something stupi and I left her standing there ( mind you shes not speaking to me- which is fine )...Then my daughter had the nastiest attitude evr because I ended the party at 1:30. She didnt want to blow out thecandles on her cake , embarrassed me- then retrieved to her room to lay down!!! If i were drunk i would've cursed her out. Im trying really hard ( My face just got really hot and my eyes are filling up-pain?) I was/ am making every effort to do this and Im determined...So after I ended the party. I( still sober) cleaned up and set the sllepover up and left. I went to Manhattan to stay over my prosthetic "boyfriends" house...He had beer. I drank a 40 oz. Didnt enjoy it like I thought I might.Got nauseous... I am not starting back at Day one. Im skipping that day and counting today as my day 12 instead of 13. :upset::upset:

Don't get discouraged MD, you've been doing great and you slipped up once, it's not the end of the world. Just keep going and take this as a learning experience. You'll do fine, I just :lknow it!

Comment

Thanl you Bunny...thank you.

Comment

You had a one night relapse but you are a BIG inspiration to me. I haven't done even 5 days in over 4 years! So keep doing everything you were doing up until the slip. It was working. You lasted the entire night until 3am. You'll be even stronger the next time life throws you a curve ball. Can you imagine if you caved earlier on the evening? That could have got ugly. And in the past that might have been the case. But you ARE STRONGER because you kept it together until after your daughter's party was over. I am not really looking forward to my daughter's teenage years it sounds tough. I'd like to keep her a 9yrs for a decade - she is helpful and hasn't developed an attitude yet! lol
        Be your own best friend. Don't be-rate yourself, congratulate yourself because you are making progress.
        Keep dialing in and let us know how it's going. Your strength over the past 12 days has truly helped me.
        Meech

Comment

MD,

Sorry, sounds like you had a bad time! Don't beat yourself up, just jump back on the wagon with us

It sounds as if, possibly, your daughter was a bit over-whelmed with everything. My daughter had a similar reaction during a birthday party, she was a bit younger at the time. That was my cue to tone things down a bit for future celebrations. Sometimes it's just all a bit too much!
          Your friend's behavior is another thing - I'm sure I would be removing her from my friend list - but that's just me.

Focus on your 12 AF days & look forward to piling on more.
          Drop in the Newbies Nest for some more support too

Wishing you the best!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It made me feel very validated that you heard me. Im fu:thanks:ll of gratitude for the supportive words Meech! I do feel strong because I am determined not to be who and what the al made me. I am worthy. That keeps me going. If I dont fight for me, who will? I 'm proud to be an inspiration to you!!! And p.s- the teenage years SUCKKKKK-lol!:thanks::h
            Meech;800106 wrote: You had a one night relapse but you are a BIG inspiration to me. I haven't done even 5 days in over 4 years! So keep doing everything you were doing up until the slip. It was working. You lasted the entire night until 3am. You'll be even stronger the next time life throws you a curve ball. Can you imagine if you caved earlier on the evening? That could have got ugly. And in the past that might have been the case. But you ARE STRONGER because you kept it together until after your daughter's party was over. I am not really looking forward to my daughter's teenage years it sounds tough. I'd like to keep her a 9yrs for a decade - she is helpful and hasn't developed an attitude yet! lol
            Be your own best friend. Don't be-rate yourself, congratulate yourself because you are making progress.
            Keep dialing in and let us know how it's going. Your strength over the past 12 days has truly helped me.
            Meech

Comment

Lavande;800195 wrote: MD,

Sorry, sounds like you had a bad time! Don't beat yourself up, just jump back on the wagon with us

It sounds as if, possibly, your daughter was a bit over-whelmed with everything. My daughter had a similar reaction during a birthday party, she was a bit younger at the time. That was my cue to tone things down a bit for future celebrations. Sometimes it's just all a bit too much!
              Your friend's behavior is another thing - I'm sure I would be removing her from my friend list - but that's just me.

Focus on your 12 AF days & look forward to piling on more.
              Drop in the Newbies Nest for some more support too

Wishing you the best!

Hi Lavande!!! You know what I am in a wierd place right now, either I am a monkey looking at people through my cage or they are all looking at me. I am in the process of ridding myself of everything and one that is toxic . I feel the-"you think youre better than me's because you dont drink anymorez" coming soon from her. My mother told me for years that my friend is not healthy for me. but she has always been there....I guess the old saying is true..."Some people are in your life for a reason , a season, or a lifetime.." I guess the reason and season are over...I want to fly!!!:l:h

Comment

Mommy- I think you can find other friends-right? She is stuck in a rut and you want and need to move on... With friends like that who needs enemies....
                Your daughter is acting like a typical teenager-forgive her-she'll thank you someday for all the work you went through to give her this party. Please keep staying strong-you've come so far to go back to... what?... drinking in the morning with your "friend"?
                I'm so happy for what you have done for yourself -go back and read your first posts and you will see the changes you've made and gone through.
                Luv, Fluff
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

mommy,cant really add more to above posts,you have done great so far,mistakes are allowed once you learn from them,get back to your goals and move away from the triggers and unwanted.you can do it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thank you Fluff, Mario!!! Good Morning-onto day 13... You all are absolutely right! I have alot of things to do today, so I'll be busy....p.s- went to get some water around 2am this morning and heard her slamming doors and screaming in the hallway- All I could do was think-THANK GOD!!! That could've been me! Have a blessed day everyone-Stay strong!

Comment

Working...
                    X