I'm getting a craving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting a craving...

SH*&*%*T! Haven't had one of these in a few days and this ones a doozy! I know it's my sugar cause i've been craving sweets all afternoon and I don't have any L-glut on me. God I hate this BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this little twirp is not gonna get the best of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbanger:

I'm getting a craving...

Stay strong Bunny - did you want to go into chat?
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Bunny do you have any fresh lemon juice? A few drops in either icy cold or hot water helps.
      Definitely dont give into the little fecker though, it will subside!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Hi Bunny, keep strong it is a craving like any other and it will pass. I wish I could take my own advice sometimes as I know how hard it can be but hang around and talk to us. You can ride this out.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Bunny - Keep riding it out, do anything to distract yourself. Remember "HALT" - hungry, angry, lonely, tired. These are big triggers - hungry was mine (a lot). Plus blood sugar levels fluctuating (by not eating, or too much sugar and refined carbs) would trigger cravings in me.

One hour or minute at a time if you need to. Take care.
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Fight that first one off. I know I will be going through this in about 4 hours. PLEASE BE STRONG. Sometimes I find cheese or chocolate milk (dairy for some reason) helps as that so clashes with booze. Go for a walk if you can. ANYTHING. Keep thinking about tomorrow morning waking up fresh saying you got another AF DAY under your belt.

If your vice is wine try the sparkling drinks in a wine glass.
            Keep in touch
            Meech

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

BUNNY,

Go for a protein snack to help level out your blood sugar. Cheese & whole wheat crackers, peanut butter & crackers, etc. really help!
              Do not ingest simple sugars like soda & candy bars......
              Distract yourself, deep breaths, talk a walk, just do something different!

We've all been through this stage & it does not last long - promise!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

It will pass BUNNY - hang in there!

I like to keep a LONG list handy of things to do. That way when a craving struck, I didn't have to *think* much. Just grab my list and pick something.

Don't give in!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Bunny, it's been a few hours since you announced your craving, how ya doin'? Did you find something else to do?
                  :yougo:stiteal

For my family, for my health, for me...

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Thanks everyone, i was at work when I wrote this. I was so distracted, I couldn`t concentrate on anything else! I just had to log in to vent and it helped. I have to admit I was REALLY tempted to stop at the liquor store but I didn`t. Came home instead and ate right away and all is fine now. It`s almost 8 pm here and I know I`ll be OK. Thank God for all of you.... you`re the best therapy:thanks:

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

That's terrific news. Tomorrow morning will be the start of another great day.
                      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Well done Bunny. It is a real achievement not giving in to that horrible feeling. And you did it.
                        Hippy Chick
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Good job Bunny. Keep it up.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Hi -- I can relate to the "'I'm getting a craving" and wanted to join this blog. I am getting a craving. My quest to reduce my drinking came partly from a concern that every night was too much and also because I have gained 25 pounds over the past 6 years but still now I am obese. So, I need all the help I can get to get me over this initial week. I started Feb. 1 on a diet (no alcohol) and exercise. I made it DAY 1 and stood on the scale weighing 4 lbs less!! That got me excited. I only drank at night so this is the witching hour when the cravings start. I am ignoring them right now and getting ready to do homework. I am a single mom who usually works a full time career and a went back to college full-time online. Since Oct. I have been out of work and before that I was only employed 6 months before getting let go and before that I was on my own trying to make it work. So a lot of my issues surround menopause, (I am in age denial) gaining 25 pounds and being fat, depressed that I don't make the money I used to and so far I haven't landed the right job.

Don't worry I am not a negative person, but I am also using this forum to let my feelings go and quit trying to be so brave and oh I am fine - no worries attitude here.

Comment

I'm getting a craving...

Welcome old vine:welcome:
                              You made a huge step today by joining MWO. I cannot even begin to tell you what a difference it has made in my life. This is a place where you can feel free to spill your guts and no one will judge you. They will be here to encourage you during this difficult journey and pick you up if you don`t always succeed. I have almost 14 days AF which is something I would have found inconceivable not so long ago. And now, well I`m doing it and I have to thank a lot of the folks here for their sound advice and encouragement. I don`t think I would have been able to do it by myself. So stick around, read (there`s hours of that!) and post. It is the best way to keep your mind on the right track. Like a lot of members recommend take a look in the toolbox for tips, there`s some great info. there. Take care of yourself and keep in touch

Comment

Working...
                              X