Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glassy Eyes

:new: Got a question...

I've been AF for a week but when I look in the mirror my eyes still look glassy like I'm still drinking, How long does this last????
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Glassy Eyes

Hi FM! A big welcome to you, and great going on 1 week af. That is a huge achievement, so be proud, and keep going now, you hear?!......;-)
    Not sure how long your glassy eyes will remain, but i'd say be patient. But, you should be starting to feel great now, no? We usually didn't get a drinking problem overnight, so our bodies can take a little time to respond to us looking after it. It might also depend on how many fruit and veg, and good food you are putting into your body. Keep it up. You'll be looking and feeling better and better each day. Just don't forget the booze has sapped our bodies and mind's of nutrition etc, so we need to replace that.

Best wishes, and a few lap's of a park, paddock, or block might get the eye fluids moving too.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glassy Eyes

Guitarista;800582 wrote: Hi FM! A big welcome to you, and great going on 1 week af. That is a huge achievement, so be proud, and keep going now, you hear?!......;-)
      Not sure how long your glassy eyes will remain, but i'd say be patient. But, you should be starting to feel great now, no? We usually didn't get a drinking problem overnight, so our bodies can take a little time to respond to us looking after it. It might also depend on how many fruit and veg, and good food you are putting into your body. Keep it up. You'll be looking and feeling better and better each day. Just don't forget the booze has sapped our bodies and mind's of nutrition etc, so we need to replace that.

Best wishes, and a few lap's of a park, paddock, or block might get the eye fluids moving too.
      thank you so much I'm so greatful to wake up in the morning with a clear head I'm feeling much better beside the minor side affects of crampal and I'm actually looking forward to dance class tonight.

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Glassy Eyes

Me too! I'm very grateful i've got off my backside, got a plan, and went for it. Life is grand, and time is tooooo precious to waste any longer. p.s. have you read the 'Toolbox' thread in monthly abstinence section? Essential reading for those early day's af. Have a great day. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glassy Eyes

Guitarista;800591 wrote: Me too! I'm very grateful i've got off my backside, got a plan, and went for it. Life is grand, and time is tooooo precious to waste any longer. p.s. have you read the 'Toolbox' thread in monthly abstinence section? Essential reading for those early day's af. Have a great day. Bravo!
          No I haven't but I will check it out - thanks

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Glassy Eyes

Guitarista, where exactly do I find the toolbar? I'm sure it's somewhere very obvious, but I'm overlooking it. Thanks!
            :yougo:stiteal

For my family, for my health, for me...

Comment

Glassy Eyes

Hi stiteal

Just click here

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

If you have anymore ideas add them.

J x

:l
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Glassy Eyes

I noticed - kind of by accident (looking in rear-view mirror) - that the whites of my eyes were much Whiter after a few weeks AF. It's possible that happened sooner, but I just didnt' notice... Rear-view mirror was UP Close!

You may also have allergies (or something) that are making your eyes watery. Also, if you take other medications, that could be cause.

But if your eyes have yellowish cast, I'll bet they'll start looking whiter and healthier soon!

Good job on ONE week af!!
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Glassy Eyes

savon19;800864 wrote: I noticed - kind of by accident (looking in rear-view mirror) - that the whites of my eyes were much Whiter after a few weeks AF. It's possible that happened sooner, but I just didnt' notice... Rear-view mirror was UP Close!

You may also have allergies (or something) that are making your eyes watery. Also, if you take other medications, that could be cause.

But if your eyes have yellowish cast, I'll bet they'll start looking whiter and healthier soon!

Good job on ONE week af!!
                  8 days now :yay::yay:

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Glassy Eyes

hi & welcome fallonsmom,well done on 8 days, keep up the good work

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Glassy Eyes

i just noticed when I was in the bathroom here at work that they are starting to clear up. I don't know why I'm rushing things I mean it took me 8 months to get here and 8 days won't turn eveything around for me....

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Working...
                      X