X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One Day at a Time) - Thursday

Hi ODATers!

Gorgeous, sunny day here in FL.

As I approach 2 months, I'm finding myself almost Preparing to drink right after. WHY??

Some of my reasons:
    - to remind myself what it feels like
    - because i've made it this long (reward?)
    - because I don't want to think I'll Never drink again
    - because, because, because

Now, if I were thinking of having just a glass of wine with dinner, this wouldn't be such a bad thing. But... from my first reason above - it's about the Feeling, not the taste. NOT GOOD.

Well, I will at least say I won't drink Today.
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Day 10 for me!
    Hi Savon- What I noticed in my short quits is- I want to try and drink again to see what I was " missing"-but, then , I find out I am not missing out on anything. I think we need to find that " buzz" in something non-alcoholic. I can't wait to get to 30 days! I am not going to mess that up with curiosity-or boredom ( major trigger for me). Just don't entertain those drinking thoughts because they might talk you into drinking...
    You're in sunny Florida and I'm jealous-it's in the 20's here and a major snow storm is coming tomorrow!
    Happy sober Thursday to everyone!
    Luv, Fluff
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi Savon Fluff
      Just realised I've forgotten how many days I am and had to count!! That has to mean I'm thinking less about the beast doesn't it?
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
      X