I need sleep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need sleep!

I've made it through the day yesterday but the night was awful -- sweating, turning, no sleep. I finally took tylenol pm but all I was craving for was vodka. I'm terrified to face tonight. I know from the past that valerian and calme forte did nothing for me.

Any ideas?

I can't go on without sleep.

I need sleep!

Benedryl has worked well for me--with no the next day fogginess

Comment

I need sleep!

Hi

When you are done work, if it isn't a physical job, do something physical, a fan will help with the sweats, fresh air helps too, read to distract yourself from how you are feeling, and fall sleep with the book, and this my sound a little strange, have a baked potato with sour cream about an hour before bed.

I've done this on nights I've made myself go without, and it helps, not perfect, but it helps.
      Kat

Comment

I need sleep!

Exercise is good...that will help with your sleep....I've used melatonin and valerian suppliments which are supposed to help with sleep...sometimes they help, othertimes they don't....then there are always sleeping pills but that is about the same as drinking vodka I guess...I fully relate...
        :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

I need sleep!

I agree get some excercise and I would take double the labled dose of your sleep aid. That is the over the counter dose it isn't going to hurt you to take twice as much as long as you aren't drinking with it too.

They have sleep aids that don't have the acetominophen in it. If you don't need it for pain relief you shoudn't take it.

Sominex is a good one.

Think of it this way......waking up without any sleep isn't any worse than waking up with a hang over!

The next night you will be exhausted so you should sleep at least some, right?
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
          X