Went to a superbowl drinking party....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, I am new and I am trying out the whole 30 day AF and then to start moderating. I am on day 4 and tonight I went to a superbowl party. Right when I walked in I was asked if I wanted a shot of tequila. I declined....my boyfriends friends drank 2 bottles of tequila, 1 bottle of jager and beer in front of me. (my boyfriend hardly drank) It was weird how i felt. When we left my boyfriend asked "how did you feel not drinking and partying with everyone" and i go "it felt weird not partying, however for some reason i just could NOT see myself having even one beer..." The old college drunk me would be right along with them taking shots like it was no ones business!!!

I am very happy to report, I planned ahead of time and bought gatorade to bring along! I'm proud of myself and it feels wonderful to have you guys to share it with! I can "party" with my friends without me having to partake in the drinking aspect of it! :h

Thats wonderful Virgo!
    It took me such a long time to feel comfortable going out and not drinking. This is one pretty common issue that you have cracked already!
    Very well done.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

That's fantastic Virgo.
      Like you say, you had a plan and stuck with it!! Good on you.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Well done Virgo....It takes alot of willpower to stay A/F at parties...and you did it....Great Job xx
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

Wonderful!!! :goodjob:
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Congrats!
            Enjoy your hang over free day
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well done Virgo!
              I know its naughty but it always helps me through it to imagine the others partyers "tequila" heads the next morning....:laughmonkey:
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Congrats, Virgo! You really rocked it! I'm so happy for you that you stuck to your plan and made it through unscathed. I'm glad that the "not party-girl you" was in charge last night!
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Virgo - you are definitely on the right track by making a plan. I've only been in one social situation where everyone around me was drinking except for me - claimed a headache and nobody really questioned it. Since I used to drink at home by myself in secret, social situations don't seem as big of a threat as the voice in my head when I'm at home. You are doing great - you should be VERY proud of yourself - it takes a lot of willpower to do what you did. WAY TO GO!!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

you are in control!!!

fabulous!

Comment

thanks guys! i feel good today! its great to have u all I can share this with

Comment

Big Congrats, Virgo! :goodjob:
                        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

:yougo: Great job Virgo! You did an excellent job of planning in advance! You decided ahead of time that you were not going to drink. (no "I'm going to try....." that usually doesn't work!) And you brought something AF along to drink so you weren't empty handed. Excellent work!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

That's so great. I also had an alcohol free Super Bowl Sunday. I am very proud of you for staying strong; it's not easy. Best to you!

Comment

Working...
                            X