I'm not having a strong day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next month will be one year to when everything fell apart for me, losing my Mom, The trust in my marriage...and it doesn't seem the crampral (sp) is working today I'm fighting strong cravings. I think its because I'm sad. :upset:
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Hi FallonsMom,

While it's possible to drink while taking campral it will loose it's effectiveness, please don't have a drink.

It's 5 years last month since I lost my mum and I had a truly awful day,but I got though it by sheer willpower.

Have you any L-glut? Can you get out for a walk? Have you got a friend you can call?

Hang in Fallon. This is so worth it.

J x

:l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi fallons mom,yea it is not an easy thing to accomplish,[stopping the drink]when we have pressures of any sort,we tend to think a drink will help,i think at tht point you have to teach the brain reverse psycology,have acoffee,tea,ect. water is probably the best and fill up with it,then your system will be full and the pressure will be off,to take the 1st drink,that is what destroys most of us,i do wish you well gyco

Comment

Hi Fallonsmom
        Im so sorry you are struggling today but please remember that not a single circumstance in the world ever improved with alcohol. Any anxiety only got worse by drinking not better...

Hang on in there, when you get through to the other side you will see why being AF is the best way to be.

Sending you a BIG HUG and a lots of strength...
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Fallon,

Please try to hang in there. It is very sad when you lose your Mom, especially the way you did!
          We both know that drinking is not going to help you feel better.
          February is just naturally a sad month for a lot of us I think.

Can you do something to distract yourself? I get thru these winter months by keeping myself especially busy with projects around the house, painting, hanging wall paper, grouting tile, anything
          I have a home based business that is always slow this time of year so I have time to catch up on these jobs.

Stop in the Newbies Nest thread - there are several of us from PA there
          Wishing you strength & perseverance!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thanks you guys I've been in meetings all day... Good distraction though
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

FM,

Very sorry to hear about your personal losses. Drinking as a response to sadness is something I've done repeatedly over the past 5 years. I can honestly say that there hasn't been a single time where this method has worked. Life is full of sadness, but as hard as it can be, letting it run its course, or being treated for it properly is a much more reliable strategy than soaking our brains in alcohol. I sympathize with your situation, as I have had several intense cravings over the past 3 weeks where my mood has been so low that I've been very tempted to give in. However, by not giving in I've found that I've been able to deal with my emotions honestly, which has set the stage for making changes in my life to combat depressive thinking head-on rather than hiding from it in alcohol-fueled isolation. Whatever your legitimate sorrow has been, try to remind yourself that alcohol is the worst anti-depressant on the market! It only helps nurture feelings of self-pity and hopelessness, which in turn primes the brain for more self-pity leading to more drinking.

Comment

Hey FM...There is power in prayer! Stay strong. Im sending you strength and peace!

Comment

Working...
                X