Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Say No

Hi all,
    Good to know I'm not the only with this issue. I'm looking forward to the night when I'm out and I say actually I'm going to have XYZ non alco drink - I honestly feel the first time I do that will be a serious weight off my shoulders and serious step forward.

Comment

How To Say No

Dave........Maybe you should talk to my wife...she has no problem saying "NO" ! Ha! But really...just tell them your cutting back or your taking meds....order a Perriea with a twist or something....(they'll think you have class...Ha!) Good luck Dave, you've come to a good place for help. IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

How To Say No

Davie Souter;805707 wrote: Hi all,
        Good to know I'm not the only with this issue. I'm looking forward to the night when I'm out and I say actually I'm going to have XYZ non alco drink - I honestly feel the first time I do that will be a serious weight off my shoulders and serious step forward.
        Honestly Dave - go for it! It might seem like a small thing, but it is a major, major achievement. It gave me so much confidence, not just about AL, but about myself generally.

Bets
        x
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

How To Say No

Hi,
          Another weekend down AF - thanks for the support. Feel great today.

DS

Comment

How To Say No

This is something in the past that, for me, caused me to relapse because I felt I was missing out on something. I didn't feel a part of that 'circle' anymore because I felt I was the odd one out.

I needed to change my views on what I thought I was missing out on and understand and accept exactly where drink takes me when I do pick up. The more I understood how maybe I was dependent on these friends and situations to make me feel good, the more I was able to move away from this and accept that I don't need other people to make me feel good about myself or these social situations. When I find peace within myself I can handle these situations accordingly without the feeling that I'm missing out on something. I resented the fact that they were still living the lifestyle I had once been accustomed too and it I was deceiving myself in thinking otherwise. So as the weeks went by of being nothing more than a dry drunk my intentions were always to drink again because of this feeling of 'missing out' on that familiar 'connection' with real friends.

I just had to change my whole outlook on life and start changing within for anything to shift positively for me.

Love and Light
            Phil
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

How To Say No

Phil, how did you change you outlook on life? I love your references to Jung and would like to know more. Can you share? Thanks,
              Redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
              X