X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Valentines day

Hi guys,

Happy Valentines day!

I am happily on day 8 of my new life. I feel so good. Last night we went to a party and I was the only one not drinking (no preassure, It was at my best friends house and I had told her my challenges). I had gingerale with lime slices (my new favourite non al drink). I am so glad I didn't drink either cause OMG - the DRAMA that occurred? Everyone was pretty much loaded, it was absolutly ridiculous actually. And I sat there thinking - I would have been a part of that! It was so nice to have a clear head!

Anyway, I drove home, safely. I went to bed and slept - soundly. I woke up this morning - happy and with no regrets.

How much better does that life sound? Pretty damn good to me!

Have a great one guys!

Uni :h:h:h:h:h:h
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Valentines day

Hi Uni - Sounds like you had a good night (wonder how the others felt this morning?)...

I'm getting back on board Today. I think I got "it" out of my system... (Fingers crossed!)

Happy Valentine's Day!!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Valentines day

Universal that sounds like a great reminder of the joys of being sober!

I just ran into a friend of mine who was filling me in on the drama i missed on friday night in our local bar (where I was always to be found on fridays!) Apparently lots of fighting and outrageous behaviour ending with someone in hospital.... Im very glad i was home tucked up in bed with the wonderful hangover free morning ahead of me....

Sav - grab my hand and get on back up here on the wagon....
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

ODAT - Valentines day

Way to go Universal. Congratulations on Day 8. What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's Day!
        September 23, 2011

Comment

ODAT - Valentines day

Hello ODATers

Congrats Uni - "I am happily on day 8 of my new life" That sounds so wonderful!

Savvy - I had a hangover free morning. A relative success. But today I have my ducks in a better row to be actually AF.

No drama here because now days I keep my head clear enough to not get sucked into drama with my husband when he's foolish with drink.

Have a great day and Happy Chinese new year!
          Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

ODAT - Valentines day

Good job Uni and Luvwins!

Savon - I'm glad you have "that" out of your system. Hope you have a good AF start to the week. Good luck. Feel fresh tomorrow!

Hi Reenie and chillgirl. Happy sober day!

It IS nice to wake up NOT hungover. What I have been loving is the freedom to choose whatever (within reason) I want to do with my days now. Before I was hungover half the time so had to schedule "my life" around my hangovers and my drunk episodes. What a huge waste of my time. And talk about DEPRESSING.

I hope I keep making all the right choices come craving time tonight (5pm-8pm) and have another fun day to plan tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X