what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do I do?

:new:I am a 28 year old man and I have gone through the last ten years drinking a lot. When I started working in hospitality I spent years drinking every day (even during work at one job when I was the boss). I left hospitality to try and stop drinking as much and change my lifestyle, it worked to a certain extent, but instead of drinking every night I made up for it on the weekends by absolutely writing myself on friday and saturday. I then decided to leave and work in a place where there is no alcohol aloud into the town we live in at all, So now I can only drink if we go into town, so we do this all the time, it is an hour drive and we book a motel and start drinking as soon as we get there and write ourselves off again. On the weekend we spent $500 and we had free accomodation, don't ask me how, I was just told that I was carrying around at least 2 drinks all the time and changing what I was drinking all the time, slamming shots and needless to say I can't remember a thing and im still hung over two days later. This sort of thing is a really regular occurence for us, I am definately one of those people who can't just have one or two beers and stop there, it is really getting me down and I want some change. My wife and I are planning on trying for children soon and I want to be a good example for them.

Does anyone have any advice as to where to start. I have said to my wife that we are not going into town for at least a month, but come saturday afternoons when we finish work we quite often get the urge and head in anyway.

Im sick of this lifestyle, and want change and to finally feel healthy and good about myself.

Please help

Thank you

Michael

what do I do?

Micky.....you are the only person that can stop this madness. If you need help go ahead and try AA....don't have to join just go for the support. We are here too ! MWO has Herbals and Minerals/ Vitamins that can help you. Check it out......I've been on the Herbals/Minerals etc. and they help. They are'nt a catch all though...you got to make up your mind to get your crap together......We can help...but it's up to you to do the road work ! Good Luck IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

what do I do?

Hi Michael,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place, glad you found us!

You're a young guy, you do need to stop drinking now! If you & your wife are thinking about starting a family you both need to quit drinking & get healthy first!!!

Download & read the MWO book from the Health Store, it is full of info aboutthe program. Then you need to make a good plan for yourself. Look in the Tool box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas for your plan.

You deserve a better life for yourself & your family. It is hard work but you can do it! Make quitting your #1 priority! Read & post in lots of threads, you'll see other people going thru the same difficulties & making progress! Drop in the Newbies Nest thread & say hello.

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

what do I do?

Hi Michael, :welcome:

Here's a link to the tool box https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

The Health Store is at the top of this page. Every page actually.

Do you think your wife will be joining MWO?

Great job on wanting to get your lives on track!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
        X